Ducati

Rob'sBus

Registered
I know this is somewhat off-topic given that we all, presumably, own or want to own Hayabusa. I love my 2002 blue/black. But I am crazy or is the Ducati 999 series (especially in red) a simply awesome looking bike. Man if I could just win the lottery.

Carefull on that maintenance cause I hear it's up there. Sweet bike though.

That is my favorite bike. But I am satisfied with my busa.
biggrin.gif

Dude, there is a little secret stash of cash in my wallet right now, waiting to find a super clean 916/996. Sexiest bikes ever made.....the Busa's the king....but a Duc's so much better lookin.....

let's see here... hmmm... okay... I always loved the Futura for reasons I can't explain logically

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe if i win the lottery and fill the garage with toys throw one of those in for fun

Guess it's just me but I couldn't ride anything else knowing I have a Busa in the garage at home......

Guess it's just me but I couldn't ride anything else knowing I have a Busa in the garage at home......
Oh yes you can. I had only a busa in my garage as well and loved that thing. Still do for that matter but once I got myself a viciously fast, light, agile liter bike, my busa just collects dust unless I'm going on a trip.

Ducati is definately the premo in V-twins with the Aprilia not far behind!

See that is the great thing about motorcycles:

<ul>
[*]My bike doesn't get jealous when I look at other bikes.
[*]Or hop on a newer one at the dealership
[*]My bike doesn't care if it shares a garage with half a dozen other bikes, and will gladly take me for a spin any time I am in the mood
[*]My bike doesn't care if I ride the hell out of her all weekend long and then don't get back to her till next Saturday to do it all again
[/list]

The way I see it, a garage FULL of hot, sexy motorcycles - all waiting to be taken out and ridden for all they are worth -  is a dream come true  
devil.gif

All that being said, I have to say in all honesty that as much as I dig my bikes, I REALLY dig my wife
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
 August will be 5 years married and (get this) SEVEN years together.  We still haven't had a fight that has resulted in the police being called and that puts me WAY ahead of where I was by this time on the first marriage
blush.gif

Oh (edit) and one more thing, I have a friend in Seattle with the 999s, he LOVES it

Greg%20G%20and%20999s.JPG

<!--EDIT|tspoole
Reason for Edit: None given...|1105502899 -->

biggrin.gif

I like the ducati's. A guy i do work for has a 97 916 all out race bike its pretty sweet. Carbon fibre damn near everything.

The aprilia rsv1000 factory gives me a woodie everytime i look at it. the duc's are cool too.. but the prila's kill me.. every one of them.

TSpoole, that is one sweet looking ride your friend has there. A fella can dream can't he?! Anyway, I love my Busa and can't wait for springtime. BUT, the Ducati 999 is still an awfully hot motorcycle.

With some of the reviews ive read why in the world would you want to spend $17,000.00 for this.
"quote"

Perhaps the tuning still needs some work, though. Our test bike would sometimes cough at low rpm, causing the engine to stall embarrassingly.

A new battery and a check-up with a Ducati tech did nothing to solve this annoyance, and this isn’t the first report we’ve heard about this condition. Otherwise, the V-Twin is stellar, with just a hint of a flat spot at 7000 rpm.

The busa would still kick the schitz out of this bike.
And not to mention it's (999)butt ugly (my opinion).
I don't even have a BUSA, but I would still take a busa over this bike. GSXR's just rock
jump9.gif

Back