MY tire Report

busa-saga

Registered
i've been running the BT016's this summer and i was impressed as i got 9k out of them. not very sticky in the twisties. its been a good summer overall and i've been riding a little harder than usual. i have Avons 2 installed now- another report will be due :beerchug:

my BT016.jpg

my BT0162.jpg

my BT016.jpg

my BT0162.jpg

9000 miles on a set is great with any bike! Even better with the Busa! :bowdown:

9000 miles is amazing, you must have quite the disiplined throttle hand lol.

When you say they are not very sticky, what are you comparing them to? From my expierience the BT-016 is a very capable corner carving tire, about the best you could get a year ago, heck you can drag elbows with them if you want.

WOW!!?? Not very sticky? I run with the BT016 because of it's stickiness in the twisties. I've never had a problem with them other than the fact I get only 2800 miles on a rear and 3400 on a front. I can't imagine anyone getting 9000 out of a BT016.

Wow also, I never got over 2,500 miles out of a rear and maybe 4,000 out of a front, And they are very sticky in the corners, You can drag a knee with them no problem. I dont see how you got 9,000 miles out of them, Even with a very controlled throttle hand.

Last edited:
My bike has under 12K on it. On the rear it has had the following mounted: The original, a Dunlop, 2 Mich PilotPowers, 5 or 6 Mich PRs, 7-8 Mickey MCR2s 1 Mickey MCR1, 2 Shinkos. Front Original, Dunlop, Mich PP, 1 Mich pp CT2.

Maybe the front doesn't stay on the ground enough to wear.

I'm going to try to finish off the pair of Michs on it this weekend and still be under 12K :whistle:

Something tells me I won't get 9000 miles out of these BT-016s.:laugh:
TrackTires003.jpg

No shortage of grip either. Dragging peg feelers, no problems.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Not very sticky?:rofl: Look at the chicken strips on your tire. Try leaning that bike over and get a little heat in them and the sides will get all snotted up. Sorry:whistle:Did I just think that out loud ?:laugh:

i've been running the BT016's this summer and i was impressed as i got 9k out of them. not very sticky in the twisties. its been a good summer overall and i've been riding a little harder than usual. i have Avons 2 installed now- another report will be due :beerchug:

View attachment 199636

Now just how would you know about stick with those big fat chicken strips like that? :rofl:

I can tell you from experience that a set of 16s in proper hands are a sweet track/twisty weapon. Check out the 16's below hard at work. The elbow is only inches from the deck and you tell me 16's aren't very sticky? Try that on your new avons and see how far you have to hike out of the bushes? :lol:

BTO16 elbow down.jpg

Now just how would you know about stick with those big fat chicken strips like that? :rofl:

I can tell you from experience that a set of 16s in proper hands are a sweet track/twisty weapon. Check out the 16's below hard at work. The elbow is only inches from the deck and you tell me 16's aren't very sticky? Try that on your new avons and see how far you have to hike out of the bushes? :lol:

well, obviously my 16's were in the wrong hands:banghead:. since i have fat chicken strips, am sure i wont be ending up in the bushes with whatever tires i have on :moon:

Oh guys wait a minute here, the Dunlop's Kenny liked so,, race take offs.

That is pretty impressive...9K! I only got 6K out of my rear Mich Pilot Power 2.
Posted via Mobile Device

well, obviously my 16's were in the wrong hands:banghead:. since i have fat chicken strips, am sure i wont be ending up in the bushes with whatever tires i have on :moon:

I'm not sure that would be a safe bet?

Back