Need a good rear tire

jeremy_283

Registered
I want a tire same size as stock, but I want high performance, I want it to last, grip... everything, i want it all.... what's the recommendation?

Everyone has their favorites.

Right now with the Avon ST's, burning through fronts 2x as fast as the rear. Put on my 3rd tire in 6 months.

img_5323_busa_800.jpg

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

IMG_5344.jpg

Dsc09570_tire.jpg

img_5323_busa_800.jpg

IMG_5344.jpg

Dsc09570_tire.jpg

Everyone has their favorites.

Right now with the Avon ST's, burning through fronts 2x as fast as the rear. Put on my 3rd tire in 6 months.

View attachment 199608

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

View attachment 199609

View attachment 199610

Man, you're burning through the front 2x faster than the rear ? I'm usually the other way around, but I'm not pushing it anywhere near as hard as you are though.

Why do you only need a rear tire ? I always was told not to run different brands of tires at the same time. Finding a tire that does both, last & stick is what every rider in the world wants, but you give up one for the other.

I'd try a Hypersport tire in the rear! Ie..Pirelli Angel ST, Dunlop Roadsmart, or Michelin Pilot Road!

I run a Dunlop Roadsmart on the rear of my CBR1000RR!
My buddy runs a Pirelli Strada on the rear of his Busa!
My wife is running Pirelli Angel ST front and rear on her CBR1000RR!

My friend and I ride! We don't just cruise around! Neither of us have had any "moments" from running those tires!

I want a tire same size as stock, but I want high performance, I want it to last, grip... everything, i want it all.... what's the recommendation?

your tire does not exist. "last" and "grip" are antonyms used in this context.

Run a 190/55 if your after cornering.

Dunlop Q2's are the best street tire you can get performance wise. They wear pretty well for what they are. I ran them for most of this year on the track on my GSXR 1000 and they held up great. After 5 track days I put them on the Busa and started using them for comuting.

Pirelli Diablo Strada for longevity, Corsa III for grip. Neither will do both if pushed hard in the other direction. You can drag a knee with the Strada if you are smooth on the throttle and it will handle anything from sunny and beautiful to cold and wet as long as you aren't riding like you are on a race track.
Posted via Mobile Device

bridgestone BT016 I had my tire installed last year with around 5.000 miles. I have now almost 16.000 on the bike and I will need bothe tires soon. Front one looks alot better than the rear one but they are both wearing out about the same.. I ride alot of straight and twisties and daily commute to work so i have tested the tire out preaty extensively so i would recommend these tires.
My reasons and Explanation to you why.
BT016 have 3 different compounds on the tire which gives you supperior durability..
Middle of the tire or center is HARD rubber for long straight rides
Mid way to the sides of the tires they are medium rubber for when you start to lean the rubber grips very well.
Than you have the very last inch of the tire which is your maximum lean angle where the rubber is soft to hold out on very hard leans on the busa.

So I recommend them..

0725101142.jpg

0907100924a.jpg

Back