old school bmx or freestyle bicycles

tmpowdercoating

Donating Member
Registered
anyone in to this? a few local guys have been keeping me pretty busy lately. man it brings back some memories. i had to go to my parents house and dig out my old 87 gt performer. tore it all apart today. ill post some pics when i finish it up. i have a feeling this is going to be pretty addicting. im already looking for more bikes. here are some pics of a hutch trickstar i did in futuristic black and orange.
014.jpg

017.jpg

014.jpg

017.jpg

I still have a few bikes from growing up...I too have a performer blue with white plastic mags. Since tony hawk was 14 or 15 and espn promoted bmx freestyle and skating I have stuck with the coverage. That trick star makes me think of mike miranda.

Heres a Dyno I built with various GT parts. every now and then I pull it out and do some bunny hops or something. :laugh:

dsc02929.jpg

Wow...memories. I'm an ex-BMXer myself. I was 14, 15, 16X Iowa State champ back in my days. I moved up to cruisers at 16, 17. Started when I was 12 or so and quit right around the time I got my DL license. My 1st racing bike was a Skyway TA. I remember every single component I had on that bike. My mom paid 307.88 for that bike back in '88. (Thanks again MOM). The last 20" that I raced was a Free Agent and a CW (Revcore) 24" cruiser from the local bike store I was sponsored by. I gave them to my nephew several years later because I was sick of looking at them in the basement and they proceeded to get stolen a couple days later. :banghead:

Sweet ~!~

Haven't seen ol Tuff Wheel II's in a while...the unbreakable can definitely be broken~!~ :laugh:

I still have my 87' haro sport with profile cranks, peregrine 48's, knee saver bars and gyro. That black finish hutch trickstar was always my favorite. Right next to the se quadangle. I remember going to freestyle shows at Rockville bmx.

good times.... no, great times.

anyone in to this? a few local guys have been keeping me pretty busy lately. man it brings back some memories. i had to go to my parents house and dig out my old 87 gt performer. tore it all apart today. ill post some pics when i finish it up. i have a feeling this is going to be pretty addicting. im already looking for more bikes. here are some pics of a hutch trickstar i did in futuristic black and orange.
View attachment 199590

View attachment 199591

are those Tuff wheels on that thing awesome......i used to race bmx i still have my redline, mongoose (no not the walmart one lol) and pk ripper....all are late 70's early 80's vintage...

I have my old Webco late 1970's. It had the old honeycomb mags, but we cut them out to make it lighter. I will shoot some pics later.

A good friend of mine is waaaay into old BMX bikes. He's been racing, and his son and daughter both race. He's got some pretty cool stuff. I'll see if I can get some pictures next time I'm over there.

A good friend of mine is waaaay into old BMX bikes. He's been racing, and his son and daughter both race. He's got some pretty cool stuff. I'll see if I can get some pictures next time I'm over there.

Here he is doing stuff I haven't done since I was 15, and would prolly kill myself doing now! hahaha

Man I miss my bike!!! Had a Dyno, Diamond back And a GT Dyno performance that got stolen a year ago!!! Still looking for it til this day :thumbsup:

I still remember putting those GT mags in the freezer too straighten them back up :laugh:

I had a couple different Torker's with Redline flight cranks, and a Redline with same cranks, My brother had 2 different Kuwahara bikes. My mom and dad along with 2 other couples owned Middle earth BMX track here is Springdale years ago, We went to the ABA nationals twice in OKC came in 12th the first year and 28th the second, Still have my ABA number plates hanging in my dads garage. Them was the good ole days.

Here you go, red 1970'S Webco has Ashtabula stem.

I have a yellow Giant too, but it is only 10+ years or so.

PM me if you are interested.

I just sold my blue 1970 Schwinn Stingray a few months ago to a collector.

webco.jpg

webco1.jpg

webco2.jpg

DSCN0969.jpg

Bike4.JPG

Last edited:
i have a friend who's ~45, and still races pro........:bowdown:

commander cody smart

races for haro and fox

Last edited:
Back