Needed something to work on tonight

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
On nights when I have things caught up I try to work out new ideas. I decided that tonight I wanted to make a small box that I could take the lid off and use it for storage... I wanted to see about covering the sides with something so I grabbed some images from Google and here is how it turned out... This box is 9 x 8 x 7

wes4.jpg

wes1.jpg

wes2.jpg

wes3.jpg

wes5.jpg

wes6.jpg

wes4.jpg

wes1.jpg

wes2.jpg

wes3.jpg

wes5.jpg

wes6.jpg

Last edited:
Doug i would hate to see what happens when you really get bored!

WOW that is realllly neat Doug. That's a keeper and a heirloom!

Thanks guys, anything that you would change about the box itself, not the artwork necessarily I can change that pretty easily. What would you change about the box.... Would you change the jagged edges on the lid to smooth curves?

That is really nice.
Love how the jagged top comes off.
If you could do one like that with a Remington theme
and .22 long rifle style pics like a father and son shooting I would like one ? Maybe a bit more rectangular so a brick of .22s would fit inside it ?

That is really nice.
Love how the jagged top comes off.
If you could do one like that with a Remington theme
and .22 long rifle style pics like a father and son shooting I would like one ? Maybe a bit more rectangular so a brick of .22s would fit inside it ?

Just tell me what size you want, I have a program that lays out the box for cutting... If you have the artwork you want to use then just send it to me and I will put it on..

Cap

Thanks guys, anything that you would change about the box itself, not the artwork necessarily I can change that pretty easily. What would you change about the box.... Would you change the jagged edges on the lid to smooth curves?

Maybe put some flat pieces inside of lid on edge so it seals on there better ?
Or some way make lid 'slip' on box so it stays firm and fast ?
But I like the jagged edge , it's unique .

Just tell me what size you want, I have a program that lays out the box for cutting... If you have the artwork you want to use then just send it to me and I will put it on..

Cap

I have an old like new commemorative tin that is too valuable to use and I'm saving it for Adams first trip to the range .
If I take pics of the pictures on sides can you use those ?
Also I can take detailed measurements of it so as I said a brick of .22s will fit inside same as the tin ?

Maybe put some flat pieces inside of lid on edge so it seals on there better ?
Or some way make lid 'slip' on box so it stays firm and fast ?
But I like the jagged edge , it's unique .

there is no way the lid can slide off, you have to pick it straight up... The jagged edges keep it locked in place from all directions...

I have an old like new commemorative tin that is too valuable to use and I'm saving it for Adams first trip to the range .
If I take pics of the pictures on sides can you use those ?
Also I can take detailed measurements of it so as I said a brick of .22s will fit inside same as the tin ?

if they are high res shots they should work fine...

No, I love the jagged edges! Looks cool...

My boys would love those...very cool!!

there is no way the lid can slide off, you have to pick it straight up... The jagged edges keep it locked in place from all directions...

I see .
I was just thinking some flats on inside of either box or lid would make either 'slip' over the other making it more secure and tight ?
Will lid stay on if you turn it upside down ?

I'll see if I can get some nice clean pics of a tin I have for you to do .
Also make get Adams name on it so his sister will leave it alone :)

Nothing is going to hold the lid on if you turn it upside down unless you put hinges and a lasp on it... as long as it sitting upright the lid wont come off...

nope i would leave the jagged edges looks good that way!!! that laser is amazing, how thick of material can it cut thru???

Depends on the material, hard wood vs pine... but I can do about 3/8 on a single pass and 1/2 on a couple passes...

Last edited:
im gonna talk to my mom about one of these as a present for my cousin. could you PM me a price for a few different square sizes with shipping? She has 3 kids and I was thinking of having 3 of the sides have a picture of each kid and then the fourth have a picture of all 3 together, not sure about the top; but could you let me know some prices and then Ill talk to my my mom about one as a gift for her, thanks Cap.

Very, VERY nice Cap...I'm impressed with everything you have put out...gotta get me some Christmas ideas going and send to you very soon...:beerchug::thumbsup:

Back