throttlemeister, who's got em

I have had them for almost 3 years now on mine and love them. Its very easy to install and set. Like someone else said you do have to adjust it up and down hills but besides that nothing better IMO. It does help with the vibe also. I have the corm ones on mine but wish I would have of went with the spikes ones. Mine get a little slick sometimes. I highly recommend them:thumbsup:. Best of luck

DSC_0038.jpg

question about the install of throttlemeister's. I have the aftermarket harris busa grips, and the instructions say to roll the grip back to install the sleeve on the throttle tube. The harris grips are pretty thick, tried to roll them back just to see if i could with no luck. The graphic sleeve glued to the inside of the grip started peeling off when i tried to roll it up. Thought maybe i could pull the grip off, install the sleeve, and then re-install grip, but doubt the grip would slide over the sleeve. Do throttlemeisters work well with any grips? Wonder if i should get a new set

pashnit, what if the grips are too tough to roll up to install the sleeve on the throttle tube? As in my earlier post, my harris busa grips are tough to roll up, so not sure how easy it would be to install the sleeve. I still have the stock grips, so i guess if i trash my harris grips i can re-install the stockers. Ordered the black heavy set about an hour ago. Hopefully i have them by thursday so i can install them and try em out, bc the wife and i leave for jamaica friday morning for 9 days:thumbsup:

Hemi, I've got the Harris grips on my Busa also. This is not the best photo, but you see the bulge on the outside of the grip where the sleeve is slid underneath. Have you tried the tire changing trick with dishwashing soap? Wee bit of dishwashing soap in some water will give you enough slipperiness to ease the sleeve under the grip.

Other thing you can try if the grip is really stiff is swipe the wife's hairdryer and (gently) heat up the grip. As it warms up, it should loosen up and become a bit more malleable.

Dsc02828_800_1.jpg

Dsc02828_800_1.jpg

Just installed mine tonight, tested them on my way to work (only 2 miles so it was a short test). Install was fairly simple I used a utility knife and file to remove the raised lip on the throttle, then testing and checking different combinations of spacers (ended with .030) then a little thread locker.

Ordered heavy milled from Pashnit fast shipping as Tim promised.
Excited to go for a scoot down the highway and see how nice these are.

Oh ya mine is a Gen 1 if that makes a difference to ya.

Ok for those not familiar with them . What does a hill have to do with it ?

All it means is this is just a throttle lock, and not a true cruise control. You'll still have to make small adjustments to the throttle in order to maintain a constant speed when you go up or down hills.

Last edited by a moderator:
All it means is this is just a throttle lock, and not a true cruise control. You'll still have to make small adjustments to the throttle in order to maintain a constant speed when you go up or down hills. Here's a video I made to show how it works... [M

Last edited by a moderator:
that's a good question, hopefully someone chimes in on how easy it is to engage with one hand. Ended up ordering a set of the black heavies last night. Hopefully i like them

I see. I also see you using both hands to demo it in video ? How do you twist trottle meister with throttle hand while riding or do you not do that ?

I was standing on the right side of the bike when I did that, so it wasn't the best position to show how to engage it. Sorry bout that.

To engage it when I'm actually riding, I just move my hand out a little toward the end of the bar, grip the Throttlemeister with my pinky and ring fingers and roll it on that way. It only takes the one hand and it's very easy.

The odd thing that none of the pictures show selling them is that like another poster mentioned is that it causes the grip to bulge out where the sleeve slides under the grip that the TM locks against. I didn't really like the way it looked at first but with grip puppies on it isn't as noticeable.

I went with the heavy TMs and they were the same weight as the stock ends. I was expecting something a lot heavier then stock to help with vibration. I thought perhaps I had received the wrong ones but looking at the pictures I'm pretty sure they are the right ones.

I have the heavy standard finish, best looking finish in my opinion. I usually use my left hand to lock it on, no big deal. I should remove some shims 'cause I have to twist the throttlemeister almost a full turn to lock it. Some guys leave the 'meister with a little pressure all the time, kind of dampens out the super quick super light throttle on a super fast engine.

""Ok for those not familiar with them . What does a hill have to do with it ? ""

Think about riding up a large hill. Your bike will slow down but you automatically twist on the gas a bit to maintain speed. That's what a cruise control does, automatically increases or decreases the throttle postion to maintain speed.

With a throttlemeister locked on at 70mph on level ground, you may slow down to 60 going up hills and speed up to 80 going down the other side.

I went with the heavy TMs and they were the same weight as the stock ends. I was expecting something a lot heavier then stock to help with vibration. I thought perhaps I had received the wrong ones but looking at the pictures I'm pretty sure they are the right ones.

Heavies are a few more dollars, but very popular.

sizes_1_430.jpg

options_standard_210.jpg options_heavy_210.jpg

DSC02631.jpg

sizes_1_430.jpg

options_standard_210.jpg

options_heavy_210.jpg

DSC02631.jpg

Just installed mine tonight, tested them on my way to work (only 2 miles so it was a short test). Install was fairly simple I used a utility knife and file to remove the raised lip on the throttle, then testing and checking different combinations of spacers (ended with .030) then a little thread locker.

Ordered heavy milled from Pashnit fast shipping as Tim promised.
Excited to go for a scoot down the highway and see how nice these are.

Oh ya mine is a Gen 1 if that makes a difference to ya.
Did you get the set for gen 1 or did you do some sort of black magic lmfao. I have a gen1 but got gen2 locks

Back