back from the most crowded place in South Dakota and i took pictures

red1100cc

Registered
Sturgis 2010
it's good to be home! i had fun. got into Sturgis about 7:30pm, and met up with my AIM/NCOM friends on main st. then it was out to the Buffalo Chip to meet up with the Brungardt family, bill & allie and their 2 girls. got there in time to watch Disturbed and the Scorpions. Scorpions rocked! man they are getting old, but they still rocked me like a hurricane :cheerleader:
no wind of change though ??? oh well, it was a good show. went back to camp, just 20yds west of crapper #10 :rofl: and listened to poisons encore of paradise city echoing over from the full throttle. fell asleep to the sound of the rain on my tent. woke up to the sound of rain on my tent. i stayed hidden til it stopped around 10:30. it turned out to be a nice day. went into town and checked out the sales, fufilled my t-shirt obligation to my wife and son and got me a new vest. i have been meaning to put together another vest, as i found on my Florida trip, the pins on my vest tear up my chest when i lay on the tank. new vest, no pins!
next stop Mt Rushmore.
we stopped and checked everything out. took some pics and headed to find camp. we stayed at the koa over by Rushmore :thumbsup: really nice place! bought the 1st bundle of wood i have ever paid for, and we enjoyed ourselves a $10 fire. :poke: $10 6-pac too.
The next day I introduced my Bill and Allie to my favorite road in South Dakota, iron mountain road. It has pigtail bridges. These bridges go in a full circle making the road go above its self as it climbs up the side of the mountain. Past the bridges is a tunnel that frames Mt. Rushmore ..too bad my camera couldn’t get a good shot.
We ate in Custer and then boogied home through Newcastle Midwest then home, at a nice 90+mph clip. Never did get over 140, but whipped along for about 20min at 130ish. Didn’t take long to get home.
It’s good to leave, but it’s always nicer to be home.

:poke:those 15mph corners shure are fun at 45mph:cheerleader:

sturgis 2010 004.jpg

sturgis 2010 005.jpg

sturgis 2010 009.jpg

sturgis 2010 010.jpg

sturgis 2010 011.jpg

sturgis 2010 013.jpg

sturgis 2010 014.jpg

sturgis 2010 016.jpg

sturgis 2010 021.jpg

sturgis 2010 026.jpg

sturgis 2010 032.jpg

sturgis 2010 033.jpg

sturgis 2010 034.jpg

sturgis 2010 035.jpg

sturgis 2010 036.jpg

sturgis 2010 039.jpg

sturgis 2010 040.jpg

sturgis 2010 041.jpg

sturgis 2010 043.jpg

sturgis 2010 042.jpg

well that was fun :beerchug: seems like it takes forever to load all those pics:beerchug:

see ay on the road..

p.s. i did see a red Busa w/yellow kanji but was unable to stop. only a couple other busas.
:poke: wanna stand out in Sturgis? Ride a Hayabusa :rofl: CHICKEN SPEARS, CHICKEN SPEARS !:rofl:

:beerchug: Cool Pics. Been around the Wildlife Loop myself on the Busa.
It can be a bit unerving when you are riding next to a 1 ton Buffalo:laugh:

:beerchug: Cool Pics. Been around the Wildlife Loop myself on the Busa.
It can be a bit unerving when you are riding next to a 1 ton Buffalo:laugh:

why yes, yes it is. a fella on his harley finally moved them off the road riding by and reving his engine, he almost got swatted by that big bill as he passed it too..i had my phone ready to capture his "youtube moment" but he made it by, barely:laugh: i stay way back. buffalo are BIG wild animals,and im a small wild animal:laugh: big wins every time.

Those 4 wheelers are cool :thumbsup::bowdown: catch a name or are they complete 1 offs

they were sitting in front of the Bourgets chopper shop there in Sturgis, so im guessing the were made there. neatest lookin 4 wheelers iv'e ever seen. i really liked the desert scene on the one, the pink one was a little "girly" for my taste. :poke: i really wonder if the 3-wheeler would drift around a corner??

and yall are welcome:thumbsup: your (the org. is) my 2nd family :poke: i had to take yall along for the ride:beerchug:

Great Pic's, I liked the 4 wheelers. Were you the only busa there? I know how some harley guys are about sport bikes. Thanks for sharing

Awesome pics, I see the Busa had no problems blending in. :laugh:

Be carefull that Buffalo poop is slick.

Great pics Russ.
Glad you and Bessie made it out safely .
I see the Schnitz sticker is still working as a cover :)
See ya next year either here or there :thumbsup:

Good Stuff. The CEO of the company I work for just came home from Sturgis. I may go sometime but not sure how they welcome a Metric M109

Back