Gen II Frame Sliders

Low speed crash Without frame sliders............

Picture 001.jpg

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 009.jpg

Picture 019.jpg

Picture 020.jpg

I have the T-Rex on my '09. Installed myself. Their mounts mount directly to the engine mount and there is also a reinforcement rod that runs through the cage. Very solid.

now u guys got me about ready to order the no-cut trex sliders. After my first drop i got lucky, but if it happens again i would imagine damage could be extensive. Dang these forums!!!!!!! i can't stop spending:rofl:

Dang these forums!!!!!!! i can't stop spending. just ordered a set of trex no-cuts:bowdown::bowdown:

you also ordered the MATCHING fork sliders and swingarm spools, right? :whistle:

P.S. Consider painting the pieces BLACK so they all blend right in.

nope, just the sliders. Already have rear spools installed for my rear stand, and don't think the fronts would provide any protection what so ever. I would like to paint them black, think they look a heck of a lot better on my 08 black/orange, and don't want to send them out for powder coating. Are guys just using typical black spray paint?

Well I tell you what I was told today. Frame sliders are really for 20 mph or less. Faster than that offer really no protection. The no cut can actually damage the radiator. While the cut mount to the engine mount and could crack the engine block. So just going to save some money and buy the heavy duty clutch and stator cover. The engine is the most expensive thing on the bike.

I had a set of Vortex cut sliders mounted on my GSX-R and they did exactly what they were designed to do during a 50 MPH crash. The sliders wore down about half way and the bike came to stop without any damage to the fairing or frame.

The puck was replaceable at the price of around $25. Some people have good luck with sliders, others do not. I have seen some bad pictures where the slider gets stuck in a hole or catches on something and then it all goes bad.

i elected to go with the lsl crash pads AFTER my bike fell in the drive. attached are some pics of my install.

IMG_6110.jpg

lslslider.jpg

IMG_6109.jpg

install was a piece of cake. i just took my time with a dremel.:thumbsup:

I have had BAD BAD BAD feedback with T-rex no cut sliders...:banghead:
I hate the silver surface of the sliders, I prefer the stealth look...but the worst thing was that Sliders touched the fairing...enough to create a bad vibration and slightly scartch the fairing...:banghead: more, tha slider strained the electric cable...for me T-rex was a pooooooor copy of Bike Design frame sliders...I bought then Bike Design frame sliders and now I'm satisfied...improved optical effect,no strained cable, no contact on the fairing.

Back