anybody painted their fairing bolts black?

hemi

Registered
Ended up painting the bolts black for my new powdercoated pegsets last night. Looks much better. Was thinkin about painting all the silver head fairing bolts that are in the black fairing and front fender bolts, but not sure how it would look. Anybody done this. Was gonna paint them last night, but decided to put the spray can up before i got too carried away and painted the whole bike:laugh:

I painted mine. I love the look. Got rid of everything siver on the bike. CIMG0574.JPG

CIMG0574.JPG

I actually powder coated all of mine black using the rubber plugs inside the wrench holes. Turned out fantastic and have not needed any sort of touch up at all. I did all of the bolts except for the large ones in the frame to secure the swing arm and engine mounts.

an easy step to prep the head is to chuck the bolt up in a drill and spin it slow in a piece of scotchbrite or sand paper. You can polish them the same way in a rag with buffing compound.

Looks good

yup painted mine all black, thinking about the rear seat lock

also did the rear exhaust hanger and rear brake line holder

Painted all mine, fairing, front fender, seat bolts, hump bolts and even the ones that hold top fenders.

May 2010 008.jpg

looks good with all the blacked out bolts. Think i'm gonna go ahead and paint all the fairing bolts. Thanks for the pics

Back