The "Man Trip"

Man trip day 9

We left tufbusa and scooter girl this morning. My gear was still wet from the ride yesterday. It has been cold and I am freezing. We just pulled into Astoria Oregon which is where the movie Goonies was filmed. We are headed down the coast of Oregon today not sure how far we will get. More to come.

Cap

Re: Man trip day 9

This is good. It rains when all the visitors come from out of state. We need to keep up our image. Then when they leave, the sun comes back out. Hehehe. Seriously though, great pics....keep em' coming.

Northern coast of Oregon.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg

If you can make it go to "Yachats" ( pronounced "Yah Hots" )

South of Newport 25 miles and about 13 miles north of the Sea lion Caves.

My fave place to stay on the coast... neat little town with very affordable motels and a couple of great restaurants. The Yachats Inn is a bit old and rustic but is clean comfy AND they have a nice Spa and heated pool!

epic-May07 099b.jpg

epic-May07 098d.jpg

Epic-May08 143b.JPG

Thanks for the update Cap n' steve... gotta suck too be cold and wet though... find a warm place chill hehehe.

Okay so we rode about 400 miles today and it was cold and rainy most of the way... What a neat route we took, we got on US 101 way up North in Washington State around South Bend. The ocean was in low tide and the water was out so the ground was muddy and was something that I had never seen. As we rode it was cloudy and rainy (Typical Washington, Oregon weather). It rained on us for about 3 hours and we were really cold and wet... As the afternoon progressed and we moved South we started to see the ocean and the sun started coming out. We found a few places to pull over and get some pics so I would like to share with you our Northern Oregon Pics....

Remember the movie the Goonies? This is the beach and the rocks that are in that movie... Remember when he holds the little coin up and lines the rocks up....
16-1.jpg

16-2.jpg

16-3.jpg

16-4.jpg

16-5.jpg

16-6.jpg

16-7.jpg

16-8.jpg

16-9.jpg

17-0.jpg

16-0.jpg

17-1.jpg

17-2.jpg

17-3.jpg

17-4.jpg

17-5.jpg

16-0.jpg

16-1.jpg

16-2.jpg

16-3.jpg

16-4.jpg

16-5.jpg

16-6.jpg

16-7.jpg

16-8.jpg

16-9.jpg

17-0.jpg

17-1.jpg

17-2.jpg

17-3.jpg

17-4.jpg

17-5.jpg

ScooterGirl said she missed you two tonight? What's up with that? I think she enjoyed having someone to cook for and entertain.

You must be some place in Southern Oregon if you made 400 miles! Did you stop at my favorite starbucks store on your way :-)

Have a safe trip!

ScooterGirl said she missed you two tonight? What's up with that? I think she enjoyed having someone to cook for and entertain.

You must be some place in Southern Oregon if you made 400 miles! Did you stop at my favorite starbucks store on your way :-)

Have a safe trip!

Tuff we stopped to get coffee but my hands were frozen to the bars, Steve poured coffee on my hands and they still didn't come off so we just kept going :) we are currently in Coos Bay.....

Hopefully we'll see you boys in Reno for a spin.

Pretty sure that we won't be in Reno when you're there... I think that if we head that way we will be long gone by the time you get in...

cap

Ok, so you past Yachats cause I recognize the light house near the sea lion caves. Thats good though cause your not too far from the Redwoods... keep heading south Boys and you'll be PLENTY warm by the time you reach the Northern Calif Valley's. :cool:

Hope you get to ride hwy 36 headed east out of the Fortuna area... its one of my faves and a Pashnit top pick! :thumbsup:

Keep on truckin Cap, thanks for the pics of the Goonies beach:bowdown:

Ya didnt run onto this guy, did ya?

vgCAUo.jpg

Last edited:

Keep on truckin Cap, thanks for the pics of the Goonies beach:bowdown:

Ya didnt run onto this guy, did ya?

We didn't run into him but Steve did the Truffle Shuffle for some kids on the beach... hahhahaahhahahahhaah he doesnt even know what the shuffle is...

cap

Wow the scenery on the West Coast is amazing.. You guys are lucky.. very lucky.. :thumbsup:

Sorry you're still cold and damp! I was hoping you would get some warmth the further south you went. The scenery is fabulous though!!!! Great pics! Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

Back