The "Man Trip"

Re: Man Trip Day 2

You and Steve be careful, keep the pics coming my friend. :cheerleader:

:cheerleader: Looks like great times with good friends! :cheerleader:

:thumbsup: Another quality .oRg experience!! :thumbsup:

Breakfast at Jackson Wyoming the bikes are pretty dirty, we did a few miles on gravel in construction

ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg

great pics, glad you guys are having a great time :beerchug:

Great pics Cap! Don't let that light tan colored mud stay on your fenders, etc, too long! Hit a car wash and very carefully spray her down and clean that mess up bro! Man, that would be a trip killer for me! Whew!
Be careful out there now!! :thumbsup:

The Man Trip Day 3

Steve and I talked this afternoon about how small we really are on this earth... We saw so much today that was just breathtaking I don't know where to start... We talked about how many times we used the words awesome, incredible, WOW, breathtaking the list goes on.. I have been all over Colorado and New Mexico and I have never seen mountains like we did today...

We started out at 5am to the chicken song, when I refused to get up he pulled out the JR Brown song about the hwy patrol... Oh please make it stop is what I prayed......

We got up and got ready and headed out about 6am, it was 43 degrees and it was really really really cold.... My perforated leathers and summer gloves didn't stop the wind at all. I was riding down the road trying to get my hands on the engine to warm them up. We made it about 70 miles which left us at Jackson Wyoming, we ate breakfast there.....

We left Jackson and it was warm and life was worth living again... We pulled into the Grand Teton National Forest and took a few pics, those mountains are just so big it makes you feel really very small.... We left the Teton National Forest and went to Yellowstone National Park, while the roads were okay there was a lot of construction and A LOT of people on vacation. There were mini vans, RV's and people on bikes cutting each other off, pulling out in front of each other, parking on the road and just making our lives miserable... It took forever to get out of there, we took a few pics but just wanted out, it was about a 5 hour ordeal....

Steve had watched an episode of Top Gear (the British show that test sports cars) and they did a show on a road called bear tooth canyon which is just outside of Yellow Stone... We were really tired from all the slow riding but the weather was perfect, many people go to Bear Tooth and never get to ride it because of the weather. We had the perfect opportunity so we decided to go ahead and do it.... It was the best ride I have ever had!

For all of you that have been on the Cherahola Skyway in NC I can tell you that Bear Tooth Canyon makes the skyway look like an amusement ride... We went up to 11,000 feet and we were above the treeline. They were repaving some of the road and had just repaved most of it.. The altitude, the visibility and the sheer size and drop offs were awesome.. Not to mention we had the whole mountain to ourselves...

We put about 400 miles on today and most of that I think was dodging mini vans and RV's, I told Steve it was like we paid our pennance so we could ride the best road I have ever seen... We had dinner tonight and spoke with the waitress who is native to the area, she said that where we are headed over the next couple of days makes bear tooth look like nothing...... We are excited....

Here are some pics from today....

4-0.jpg

4-1.jpg

4-2.jpg

4-3.jpg

4-4.jpg

4-5.jpg

4-6.jpg

4-7.jpg

4-8.jpg

4-9.jpg

5-0.jpg

5-1.jpg

5-2.jpg

5-3.jpg

5-4.jpg

5-5.jpg

5-6.jpg

5-7.jpg

5-8.jpg

5-9.jpg

4-0.jpg

4-1.jpg

4-2.jpg

4-3.jpg

4-4.jpg

4-5.jpg

4-6.jpg

4-7.jpg

4-8.jpg

4-9.jpg

5-0.jpg

5-1.jpg

5-2.jpg

5-3.jpg

5-4.jpg

5-5.jpg

5-6.jpg

5-7.jpg

5-8.jpg

5-9.jpg

Re: The Man Trip Day 3

Steve had watched an episode of Top Gear

Sorry, Just having a laugh!

motivator71d9c01748faa3f53889309b58.jpg

Doug was close. The Top Gear road is not until next week somewhere in another state.
We are pretty much used up at the end of the day.
Any way I had missed the chance to ride Beartooth many years ago. The weather would not permit back on that trip. You cannot go up Beartooth if mother nature does not cooperate.
The great thing is we ended on a good note after the tourist trap they call Yellowstone. No picture can do it justice. Beartooth Pass is a great road. I would ride up here again and probably will for this experience. Next time I will bring a folding chair and a cold drink. I could just sit for a long time trying to take it all in. Truely one of the best places I have seen.
That's all for now, excuse any mistakes. It is early and Cap is still asleep. Time for another wake up tune he likes so much.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:

wow! awesome pics and that looks like an very cool road trip. i am definately jealous!

We should be at the east entrance to Glacier NP today. All is good, Cap has had minor problems with things falling off his Busa. Nothing duct tape and some glue will not fix.. You have to ask him about that story. Time to go, see ya all later.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks for sharing the pics and the story! I can read these posts when at work and at least live vicariously through y'all. :thumbsup:

I am extremely jealous! Great pics guys, Steve, play him some more Jr Brown, some of my fav's. :laugh:

Wow! Just beautiful!!!! Prayers for continued good weather and a safe ride. Try the Barney theme song. Not only will it wake him up, but it will be stuck in his head all day long!!!! :laugh:

Uh Oh! Now it is stuck in my head too. ???

Back