Heavily Modified Sport Touring Busa

The top yoke was removed so I could install the mounts for some aftermarket items, and I believe the stock grips were attached to the top yoke as well (I may be remembering wrong), and I switched to Convertibars. No, no increase in vibrations, but I am using Convertibars with gel grips and the thick foam Grip Puppies over the grips, so with all that I would not notice any increase in vibrations unless it was significant. The counteryoke I am unfamiliar with.

Regards,

Mark

El Gato,

Where did you get the "800w" stator?

I currently have the "500w" stator from Ricks Electrosports and it makes no more measurable voltage then a good stock stator....

What a great looking touring busa. I am working on mine as a sport tporing and will post pics up soon.

On your Scorpio i900 alarm, any tips on the install, any issues, I just got mine the other day and will be doing the install this week.

Wind screen looks like a MRA.

Great looking set up. I love touring on my Busa :bowdown:

P1010766.jpg

Last edited:
The 800 watt stator was custom made by ElectroSport by their former R&D guy in 2008- it was not a factory offering. I have not tested it out, but it handles all of my accessories, etc.

As far as the alarm- I did not install it, so I don't really have any tips on the install. I like the alarm, but IMHO the remote is not exactly user-friendly.

Yeah, the windscreen is a MRA- I really like it, and it holds up to the abuse.

Cheers,

Mark

Did your throttlemiesters attach to the convertibars like they would stock? I just installed the convertibats but the ends are open, there was nothing to screw the throttlemiesters into. Unless they make an expander type of end I don't know how to attach mine??? Nice scooter by the way:beerchug:

According to the folks at Convertibars: "The part number for the ThrottleMeister internal part is TBA-635"....

I ordered mine based on this, and it worked out.

Cheers,

Mark

Mine is bone stock (well, I have R77 slipons).

The only thing that bothers me is the vibration in the pegs (after about an hour and a half). My feet hurt.

Any suggestions?

That's a great set up! My wife and I tour on our 2007 Busa, we have over 30,000 miles on it so far. We think of it as sort of a "Goldwing" of Busas. Mods so far are black powder coated exhaust, rear sets and pegs; heated handgrips, underbody light kit, Lo-jack, Scorpion alarm with remote, blacked out Puig windscreen, carbon fiber mirrors, clutch and brake handles; Galfer steel braided lines (clutch and brakes), HH cintered race brake pads, underbody permanently mounted J&M Integrator 4 sound system, custom mount on triple tree for phone (that is also a MP3 and GPS Nav system), remote I pod control and rechargers for phone/I-pod (I pod is docked inside Corbin Beetle bags and is run by remote from the handle bars), Heli-bars, Corbin seats and hard beetle bags, PC III, Speedohealer, custom exhaust from Exhaust works in Tucson to support using stock exhaust on the hidden Hahn Turbo (set at 7 PSI) under the fairings, carbon fiber accents on triple tree, gas cap, Bagster tank cover with travel bag system, Hayabusa logo'd spool savers, oil cap, clutch and brake res. covers and hayabusa logo frame sliders, white cover for taillight with red LED lights underneath and even Hayabusa logo valve covers on the tires. Hayabusa logo bar ends and a throttle lock for cruising.Clark custom fairing screen kit plus a custom made screen in front of the turbo/radiator that goes from top to bottom to protect and "stealth" the turbo. Maybe some other stuff, but I think thats about it. Its had the turbo on it since day one and so far, so good! HID lights are probably next, the Sylavania High output Halogen (with blue tint ) are nice but really we'd like brighter lights!

Stampede3.jpg

Stampede2.jpg

Busa Waterfall'10.jpg

SSPX0244.jpg

SSPX0248.jpg

Thats a sweet ride, i wonder when bagster is gonna have the tank portector for my 09..bike looks great!

Sorry but soft saddle bags does not make it a sport tourer.. :poke:

All that says is yep you took a trip on your Busa.. :thumbsup:

Back