An easier way to take pics...

Saiid, I shoot a lot of on-board photography while riding, but I use a combination of the Throttlemeister to set the throttle, a nice straight length of road with see-through, and the camera around my neck. I've got it resting on the tankbag when not in use. It's likely an unusual setup, but after 100,000+ miles of travel this way, works good for me.

A hard-mount solution like Doug's is a great way & super-simple solution to capture the moment. Just remember to clean off the bugs everyonce in awhile. ;)

Img_0435_saddle.jpg

Img_0435_saddle.jpg

Saiid, I shoot a lot of on-board photography while riding, but I use a combination of the Throttlemeister to set the throttle, a nice straight length of road with see-through, and the camera around my neck. I've got it resting on the tankbag when not in use. It's likely an unusual setup, but after 100,000+ miles of travel this way, works good for me.

A hard-mount solution like Doug's is a great way & super-simple solution to capture the moment. Just remember to clean off the bugs everyonce in awhile. ;)

View attachment 195856

Hopefully Tim I will remember to flip it back when I am done... That should keep the bugs off the front :)

I wanted to be able to zoom in and be able to see what I was taking a pic of... I can use my cruise and use my right or left hand but I probably will use my left to just push the focus / pic button....

cap

Being that it is screwed to the tripod mount do you leave it a little loose so you can pan left or right ?

View attachment 195856

Tim I'm curious why you dont just 'copy' a frame out of any GoPro movie and make a pics from it ?

But the on-board photography using the timed-photo feature looks like this:

Not sure if there's difference in quality when you do that?

918_Pict0096_800.jpg

PICT0054_800.jpg

918_Pict0096_800.jpg

PICT0054_800.jpg

Two observations from an average guy with no photography knowledge :

1) I would think that you are going to have vibration issues that will cause blurry photos, even when using an image stabilizing camera...?

2) your photo opportunities are limited to only whats in front of you.

Two observations from an average guy with no photography knowledge :

1) I would think that you are going to have vibration issues that will cause blurry photos, even when using an image stabilizing camera...?

2) your photo opportunities are limited to only whats in front of you.

Vibration has never been an issue, I run the go pros and dont have any issues I think the shots on this pic will be okay too...

Because the camera is on a stud I can swivel the camera left or right if I choose... I have another small camera that I can still put into my tank bag. I just know that last year we would come around a corner and an awsome scenic view was in front of us and I couldnt get a pic of it... This definately doesn't solve all the worlds problems but it does allow me to get a few more shots...

Doug

Cool idea, I was having trouble in Eurika Due to not enough straight places in the road to get it togeather before going into another turn. I kept getting crap like this.

Busa Trip 032.jpg

Busa Trip 035.jpg

Cool idea, I was having trouble in Eurika Due to not enough straight places in the road to get it togeather before going into another turn. I kept getting crap like this.

EXACTLY! It may not be the answer to all bike photography but I think it will get me better pics than I have in the past...

Cap I had the same idea after I got my GoPro but never got a small camera. I have not tried to take pictures with the GoPro. Has anyone ever tried it? How did they come out? Mine takes great vids so it should take good pics I guess.

Back