Gen 1 Undertail install

05chris

Registered
i found the last unused motorhead undertail in the country last week, i even stopped by dennis's house(motorhead) to see if he had any laying around.
Install was a breeze, but with these you must cut the reflector and plate light housing off for the tail light to fit, also you must well should use a integrated tail light like clear alternatives(i opted for a smoke lens insted of the clear) that way theres no screwing with turn signals since there built into the tail light.
heres a few before, during and after pics.....
also it could be possible to have more made if enough guys want one.........

busa012-1.jpg

busa013-1.jpg

busa014-1.jpg

busa015-1.jpg

busa016-1.jpg

busa018.jpg

busa019.jpg

Looking nice!:thumbsup: Your 05 really was a sleeper, what happened to it?

got bored with it at the time and tried to sell it whole but ended up parting it out.
now i have the bug again :rofl: and already have a mcexpress race header and oil scavange pump to start piecing together another turbo kit. think im gonna go water to air this time also. biggest problem will be finding the oz wheels again like on my 05, i loved those things even though they were heavy......

looks great been looking for one of those im not a big fan of aftermarket taillights except maybe a top gun but havent found one yet either:thumbsup:

I used the stock undertail and jury rigged a universal Rizoma license plate mounting kit.

undertailfinal007.jpg

undertailfinal009.jpg

cheers
ken

I strongly suggest bolting the undertail in under the cross brace latch and making a support under the front for the battery on that undertail. I have one as well and love the looks, but if it is not bolted to the subframe in the rear as well as the front, it is a PITA to take the tail off.

The little tabs in the front will not hold the battery up for very long, either. I am talking about where the stock bolts are supposed to go

Luda is correct be sure to do the front as the tabs were cut short in width so there is nowhere to even install bolts,only failure I have seen of them..

Back