A few reasons why I havent been posting a lot here or been like I have been!

EarlyBird

Donating Member
Registered
I have been doing a lot of side work, which includes motorcycles, cars, lawn equipment, 4 wheelers, and mini choppers!

This is one of them.... A low mileage 1981 Yamaha 650 Maxim. I rebuilt the carbs, fixed a broken float horn to the carb, and tuned them. Replaced the handle bars, grips, and throttle tube. Full service and replaced the tires. Also repainted the side covers and fuel tank. Enjoyed riding it while I had had it for the week to work on! It is a fun city bike for what it is!

IMG_0021.jpg

Last edited:
I so miss having a bike shop..Go to a dealer around here and ask for carb parts and they are lost..

Another one I did a lot of work on over the last few weeks! A 2008 Honda CBR1000. I installed DDM tuning 55watt 8k Hids. SS speigler brake lines. Frame sliders. Removed the stock plate bracket and install an after market plate holder. Installed a Scorpio 900 alarm. Removed two brothers juice box (Junk efi system) Ram air mod. LED mirror mod too. Working on the new honda makes working on the Gen 2 Hayabusa seem easier!

SANY0022.jpg

Did a full service to this 07 GSXR 1k... Plugs, oil and filter, coolant, clean and lube the chain, bleed the brake system, adjust the suspension, installed a plate bracket and light the pass Va inspection, adjust the clutch cable, and lube the shifter and pegs. Got it inspected when the work was finished. I did ride it back to back to feel the difference of the 07-08 1k to my 09 1k. I like everything about the 09 better less on thing... you can tell the older engine has more torque done low (longer stroke smaller bore configuration) vs. the new 09 engine (shorter stroke bigger bore). For street riding the 07-08 is better, but mid range to redline the 09 is a screamer! The 09 1k is more track focused!

SANY0010.jpg

Nice! Been spending some seat time on my son's '06 gixxer and kinda starting to like the ride. Not as torque-y as the busa but screams after seven grand. Did the first 'out of town' since my off with a buddy last month. He was on his '07 1400 and we played around on the strait aways a little. (It's taken me quite a while to get comfortable on two again but after a couple of hours I was startin' to feel it.) I was trying to explain to him my comfort/confidence level in the liter bike was taking a little time as he was feeling pretty froggy about handing me my azz a couple of times. On the way back home we were in about a five mile open stretch and he proceeded to drop a couple and bring the r's up. I abliged him accordingly, tucked into the tank and laid a smart little spankin' on 'im. :laugh:

I was obviously feeling it now...:thumbsup:

Hope things are going well for you and could you lead me to where the left turn signal wire plugs into the harness on the '06? Seems like some where some how it became unplugged in the process of slaying a Ninja...:whistle:

Have a Good 'un, WBII! :thumbsup: :beerchug:

Last edited:
Looks like your hobby is making you money and smile. I like that!
Posted via Mobile Device

Nice work! Come on over and teach me how to put on new Lines/pads for my 07 1k!

Nice work, it's always easier to do a job when you enjoy what are you doing! Looks like it's keeping you busy and putting money in your pocket. Can't complain about that. :thumbsup:

Nice work, it's always easier to do a job when you enjoy what are you doing! Looks like it's keeping you busy and putting money in your pocket. Can't complain about that. :thumbsup:

It paid for a big unexpected accident! The rest paid for items for the busa and the g/f's ride. I do enjoy riding different bikes. It allows me the experience you nomally dont get when you go to the dealer!

Good on you Warbird. I wish people here had the money to spend on their bikes so I could get a few in my shop. Side money sure does come in handy.

Looks like you are doing a great job Tim. :thumbsup:

... and could you lead me to where the left turn signal wire plugs into the harness on the '06? :thumbsup: :beerchug:

No seriously, Tim...

It came unplugged that night and for the life of me I can't figure out where it plugs back in to. The harness for the right side doesn't exit the upper fairing in the same place and I've taken a mirror and a flashlight to look around in back of the instrument panel and don't see an empty connector. Any clues you can throw a brother?

Thank you ahead of time!! :thumbsup: :beerchug:

No seriously, Tim...

It came unplugged that night and for the life of me I can't figure out where it plugs back in to. The harness for the right side doesn't exit the upper fairing in the same place and I've taken a mirror and a flashlight to look around in back of the instrument panel and don't see an empty connector. Any clues you can throw a brother?

Thank you ahead of time!! :thumbsup: :beerchug:

Sorry I have been tired the last few days and didnt see your request! The mirror harness for the mirrors for suzukis with turn signals in the mirrors snakes itself between the upper fairing stay and upper corner of the fairing. Then the mirror harness and t/s harness go together under the wind screen area. May need to remove the windscreen to get access to it. The t/s harness and plugs are in that area! Hopefully thiscis helps you out!

Last edited:
Dood, NP! I could've PM'd you. Thanks a bunch for the info. Good luck on your endeavors and much prosperity to you!

And was that your 'hardware' I saw in another thread? Hope healing has gone well!

Thanks again Mr. Tim! :thumbsup: :beerchug:

Back