pics of my new tank bag

hemi

Registered
got my tank bag from sw-motech today that mounts to a bracket on the gas cap/ring. Like it so far, bag is a tad small (5- to 7 litres) but seems to be a great product. Doesn't touch the paint at all so i don't have to worry about scratching the tank, what u guys think?

092.JPG

093.JPG

094.JPG

095.JPG

097.JPG

098.JPG

096.JPG

092.JPG

093.JPG

094.JPG

095.JPG

097.JPG

098.JPG

096.JPG

Do you remove the bag from the pull pin between the bag and the tank?

Do you have to be really careful trying to put it on? I could see that bracket scratching the tank before it gets lined up properly.

front of the bag has a little rip/pull cord and u just pull it a bit and it dis-engages the pin and it pops right off. Have taken it off and put back on about 5 or 6 times just messing with it and it is a piece of cake to put on without hitting the tank

Might have to pick up one of those. Looks just big enough for some running shoes and gym clothes. Do you have any issues with seeing over the bag for looking at any of the gauges?

Last edited:
no problems at all seeing the gauges. Have a garmin gps w/techmount also and it doesn't interfere with it either. Not sure if it would fit a pair of running shoes, guess i could go shove a pair in and find out:rofl:

I just bought some of those Nike Free Run or something like that and there is almost nothing to them. Those and a pair of shorts and T-shirt would be good to go.

Thanks for posting this up and giving us all some ideas.

See...I really like the size of that bag! I can't get down w/ those huge bulky ones that have enough room to stuff your wife in.
I mean if you have to bring that much shid w/ you on a ride....you should get freakin' saddle bags. Looks like that holds just the right amount.

Curious though....at some point or another we all put a little bit of weight or lean on the tank...so even if you do that...the bag still won't touch the tank ???

Thanks for posting.

here is a pic to see it doesn't touch the tank at all. Second pic i am pressing firmly on the rear of the bag, so i guess if u are laying on it while cruising, then yes it may contact the tank just a tad

099.JPG

100.JPG

099.JPG

100.JPG

Interesting tank bag you got there, I also like the Motografix tank pad, those are getting a bit difficult to locate especially a 2005 model. I think I found the last one available for my bike, was in the UK, man did they ever bend me over good on the shipping fees. :cry:

243.jpg

Do you have to be really careful trying to put it on? I could see that bracket scratching the tank before it gets lined up properly.

The way they designed it if you just align it and kind of roll it forward it never touches the tank at all. Trust me I am that picky!

IMG_0670.jpg

IMG_0644.jpg

SW2.jpg

SW3.jpg

SW1.jpg

I could see my dumb a$$ doing this easy, I have not patients that. Looks like a nice bag though.

Back