Hurricane Alex

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
Well, most of you know that I work for an electric utility and because of Hurricane Alex, I got to take a little trip. I know you guys love pictures, so here they are. Going to Texas!

Hurricane Alex 001.jpg

Hurricane Alex 002.jpg

Water was very rough and high wind. We lucked out and Hurricane Alex went ashore in Mexico approximately 80 miles south of Brownsville.

Hurricane Alex 011.jpg

Hurricane Alex 012.jpg

Hurricane Alex 013.jpg

South Padre Island. That brought back some memories.

Thanks, felt like I was there again.

Bubba

The only substation on the island. You would think all of this would be underground. ???

Hurricane Alex 023.jpg

Hurricane Alex 024.jpg

Border Patrol checkpoint, approximately 50 miles north of Harlingen.

Hurricane Alex 025.jpg

Hurricane Alex 026.jpg

It was a fun trip, just glad the damage was light. I am glad to be home! :thumbsup:

I always love seeing pictures of home, thanks!

It's amazing how may people will go to the beach to play in the water when it's that rough. We had a woman and child drown here from a rip tide caused by Alex. It's just crazy to do that unless you have a death wish.

There were a lot of folks on the beach. Some were wind surfing. Wow, 18 hours for a one way drive was rough. Why does Texas have to be so big? :poke:

There were a lot of folks on the beach. Some were wind surfing. Wow, 18 hours for a one way drive was rough. Why does Texas have to be so big? :poke:

There is this show on the History channel called "The States" and it explains how ever single state got it's shape. Keep an eye out for it. Very interesting stuff.

There is this show on the History channel called "The States" and it explains how ever single state got it's shape. Keep an eye out for it. Very interesting stuff.

Now that would be fun to watch, I have always wondered that.

great pics, we need to plan a ride down that way one of these days when it is cooler :beerchug:

Those pictures make me homesick! We used to live on S. Padre Island and I've seen that view across the causeway many, many times.

Those pictures make me homesick! We used to live on S. Padre Island and I've seen that view across the causeway many, many times.

Wow, lots of homes for sale down there. I waved at you guys when I went through McKinney! :laugh:

Back