sw-motech tank bag, anybody using one?

hemi

Registered
was lookin into getting a new tank bag since the wife is riding with me more, and it's a pain making her wear a backpack. Had one before but never used it bc i don't want to damage the paint what so ever. Was lookin at the sw-motech bags that lock onto the gas cap, anybody using these and got any pics? Are they pretty high quality and durable, easy to remove. Here is the one i'm lookin at and might order it

TwistedThrottle.com : Bags-Connection "Daypack II" Quick-Lock Tankbag for SW-MOTECH Gascap Mounting System - BCK.TRT.00.020.100

what do u guys think. This would be my answer to a tank bag that i wouldn't have to worry about touching the paint

Not used the sw - motech tank bag. I use an Oxford magnetic tank bag in conjunction with the bagster tank cover i have. Just completed a 1300 mile plus European trip.

097.jpg

Here goes,

I love it, stays put, and doesn't touch the paint!!

You can slide the bag forward or aft if needed before you finally mount the upper half of the ring mount, looks the part on the Busa, and if expanded holds my other shield as well.

IMG_0644.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAwMDYuanBn.jpg

IMG_0292.jpg

SeatA.jpg

wanted to also mention, I ride often on short trips around town and such, with the lower ring mounted on the gas cap ring, AND it's very secure. The system mounts from both the lower and upper screws for the tank ring. You basically remove the gas cap and the plastic perimeter mounts with 3-screws I think from the bottom and then there are another 4 that secure through the ring into the threads that hold the gas cap down. I mean it's not going anywhere.

Anyway the lower irng there makes a great place to rest your left forearm for some leaning when riding as well.

I also think SW-Motec or aniother company used to make a camera mount that also snapped into this mount which would be great for you guys with a GoPro or something.

I have a Bags Connection Engage Sport tank bag and I like it very much. Bag quality is high and it seems to be durable - I have been now using it for one year without problems (mostly with CBR XX but just changed it to Hayabusa). Quick-lock mechanism is great - secure and easy to use. Sometimes I take quite heavy camera setup with me and I can't afford to drop it so reliable quick-lock mechanism is a must for me.

However the Engage Sport bag does have a few negative sides also... map holder is ridiculously small and under heavy load the bag bends and touches the tank a little bit, at least when there are bumps on the road. Edit. And well, it could be fully waterproof.

Nevertheless, the bag is great and it's the best bag that I've found for my purposes.

Highly recommended :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back