Windshield push pin alternative

Big Moe

Registered
I had just received my Hotbodies Grand Prix Dual Radius windscreen, was installing it and had everything going great until I somehow lost the pushpins for the inside panel. I looked and looked but could not find them. So I went to Advance Auto and looked to see if I could find a replacement. Took a chance over in the body trim section and went with two types. Just so happens the first one I tried was a perfect match! So I just wanted to let everyone know what I had found just in case you every fall into this dilemma. So once again in Advance Auto Parts auto trim section and it is the GM & Universal Panel Trim by Body Tite part # 45814. And all you need is a flat head screwdriver to remove. Some of the pix are with a phone so please excuse the quality. Everyone have a safe and happy 4th!!

Chris

and by the way they were $1.49 for 3.

IMG00411[1] (2).jpg

IMG00405[1] (2).jpg

DSCF2358.jpg

DSCF2359.jpg

DSCF2360.jpg

Last edited:
Great find. Stealership charges way too much for these. I may be making a trip to grab some so I can finally put my undertail back on.

Funny you would post this...thought I would be the only one to do this. I just switched mine over a week ago to those and love it. Ace Hardware has them in a bunch of sizes for about 20 cents each.

Funny you would post this...thought I would be the only one to do this. I just switched mine over a week ago to those and love it. Ace Hardware has them in a bunch of sizes for about 20 cents each.

Yeah man the dealership tried to rob me for em!

Back