Just joined the Busa family and am a bit disappointed...

Have it looked at by the shop, My 08 shocked me with the smoothness of the ride. Have the shop check the balance of the wheels and the suspension settings.
This is just a couple of things that pop into my mind and just my .02 worth.

Welcome to the .org. Keep us posted on what ever you find out.

The Busa has a buzz in a narow RPM range around 4500 RPMs. Every bike is going to have a buzz somewhere in the RPM range, just happens 4500 is about highway cruising speed on a Busa. I changed sprockets on mine to move my cruising RPM out of that range.

Definately have the bike checked out to make sure this isn't anything more serious first.

I would have to say that something isn't right, my 08 is smooth, but I really don't remember how it felt during the break in period. I would surly have it looked at, something doesn't "feel" right...welcome to the .org and hope everything works out.
IDK? Mt 08 has only 1000 miles on it all put on last fall. I am sure it felt as smooth and strong from the start as it does now. ANny change from breakin was too small for me to notice.

Change the rear sprocket to +2, which will change the pitch the vibrations are at! I did this to my 09 1k and made a world of difference. I also did +3 to the busa and it helped too! And have to agree with more mileage that mine got a lot better!

:welcome: MrMoo!

Ive been complaining about the buzzing for over a year and a half...
I am not sure why I am still riding this beautiful Bike in pain and enjoyment!

I must be weird :poke: :rofl:

Grip puppies and an heavier bar ends seems to help me.
Buzzing is still there but i dont have to shake my hand off as often

Is this vibration coming from the engine? If you can't pin point it to being engine, then like said a few times up above, maybe your new new baby threw a wheel weight. I have 12,000 miles on my K9 and she's always been smooth as silk. A slight engine buzz within the 4500 - 5500 RPM range is normal, but not so much as to be annoyingly so.
Let us know what you find out if you take her in to the dealer!

It should not have any objectionable vibration, even brand new. Busa are smooth bikes and coming from a 750 you should be feeling like it's a magic carpet. I bet it was not setup properly. I would have them check the throttle body sync. That would be the most obvious source of engine vibration on a brand new bike.

Sorry you missed the first ride on your busa experience. That should be a moment you remember always. Good luck and hope you find the problem. Welcome to the org and I can't believe it hasn't been said yet but we need pictures:rulez:

My K8 was a tad vibey at 5000rpm, but as the miles have been added (7200 miles) things have just smoothed right out. The engine is now silky smooth.Sounds like you have something else out of balance on your Busa for it be as bas as you say. Take it back tot he dealer and get them to check things over.

Oh and :welcome:: to the Org

I took the bike for a short ride today. It doesn't seem as bad today but then again I wasn't at highway speeds for an hour either. I decided to ride it a little more spirited as I used to follow the brake in hard method with turbocharged cars in my earlier youth with no ill effects. The bike really is a blast and I don't think I managed more then 3/4 throttle. Changed the oil to 20-50w as I read that some had some luck with that reducing vibrations. Love all that metal in the oil on a first oil change! Will take it out on the highway tonight or tomorrow to get a better feel for what was going on. Yesterday I think compounding that uncomfortable vibration (it comes through the seat too I realized) was being a bit worn out when I picked it up from being a bit sick. I talked to the dealer and they definitely want to see it ASAP. I'll have to figure out getting it back up to them 1.5 hours away next week somehow.

Here is my 18 month old trying out the Busa.

haya1.jpg

Loose fork head bearings ??? improperly adjusted at the factory?? Loose engine mounts...
should not be that way but it might.. good luck on figuring it out and Welcome to the ORG MrMoo.

I took the bike for a short ride today. It doesn't seem as bad today but then again I wasn't at highway speeds for an hour either. I decided to ride it a little more spirited as I used to follow the brake in hard method with turbocharged cars in my earlier youth with no ill effects. The bike really is a blast and I don't think I managed more then 3/4 throttle. Changed the oil to 20-50w as I read that some had some luck with that reducing vibrations. Love all that metal in the oil on a first oil change! Will take it out on the highway tonight or tomorrow to get a better feel for what was going on. Yesterday I think compounding that uncomfortable vibration (it comes through the seat too I realized) was being a bit worn out when I picked it up from being a bit sick. I talked to the dealer and they definitely want to see it ASAP. I'll have to figure out getting it back up to them 1.5 hours away next week somehow.

My God Man...I'd know that kid anywhere. Steals bikes then kills the family! It's a good thing you found out in time.

:welcome: Hi my 08 is as smooth as new and I put 165 mph right out of the dealer and no vibrations at all.I think that isnt normal check front tire pressure or take it back to dealer and tell them that you want to test other bike.
:beerchug:

Great looking KID and the BIKE, also!
Yes the vibes do come thru via the tank, but should not be too bad till after 6-7000rpm. Then it should take off like a nuclear reactor on the boil!
I think if you fitted Heli Bars plus foam grips, you will have a VERY smooth machine as the bike runs in after 5000-8000kms.

I have a CBR1100xx and when I picked up my Gen I to keep it company I had assumed that the Busa was going to feel pretty rough in comparison as the Blackbird is known for being smooth as glass. So far I've been quite impressed with the the Busa, it's not quite as smooth as the Blackbird, but it's plenty smooth all the same.

Try a 14...No Vibes,and more comfy....:beerchug:

+1 :rofl: :lol:
Seriously I have an 07 Ninja ZX6R. Planning on a new bike after I finish work on my house. Love BOTH the Busa and ZX14 but have to admit I'm leaning toward the 14 cause everyone seems to say how comfortable and smooth it is. I tore my shoulder and herniated 2 discs at work. My shoulder was operated on and now I have to see a spine surgeon so a comfortable ride is gonna be really important to me. Haven't tried my 6 since the injury and I'm a bit nervous it's gonna kill my neck. We'll see soon when I finally get it on the road.
Richie

Last edited:
Well
You have a new bike from the factory, Which is very lean. Call greg at Boost by smith. Once you get it richend up you will love the bike. After you figure out how to get it just right at that speed it will run smooth as hell. Thats all that is wrong with that bike. And a few Mods.

Chuck

Back