pic110.jpg

one of me and the busa
busa10.jpg

couple friends
turn310.jpg

joshtu10.jpg

r1b10.jpg

sick10.jpg

Terrell, that is such a fun road, went up there a few weeks ago and it was still snowed in. Have to wait till end of month to ride that again.

Have you ridden up to the Big Hill Lookout? Just down the way from the first pic you shot above.

Dsc03682_lookout.jpg

Dsc05587_helo.jpg

Dsc05600_bighill.jpg

Dsc05598_big_hill.jpg

Dsc05605_bighill.jpg

Dsc03682_lookout.jpg

Dsc05587_helo.jpg

Dsc05600_bighill.jpg

Dsc05598_big_hill.jpg

Dsc05605_bighill.jpg

Ya Terrell that's one of my favorites too. Weekend before last me and a couple friends hit Wenworth Springs RD to Ice House Rd to I 50 then turned around and came back. Great run except for the pack of about 150 Harley's we ran into, as we were passing they were giving hand gestures that I'm not quite familiar with like pointing straight up at the sky, what the heck does that mean? :dunno: I had never riden with these guys and the best part is that they were on FJR's and the lead guy was on an old Honda Interceptor (looks like a big scooter from the 80's) and I got spanked. I think their average speed was like 90, I'm still workin on gettin my mo-jo back.

Here's a few pics I took up there in August 09.

We gotta get together for a group ride soon. :thumbsup:

249.jpg

250.jpg

251.jpg

254.jpg

323.jpg

326.jpg

327.jpg

328.jpg

329.jpg

330.jpg

333.jpg

335.jpg

336.jpg

338.jpg

340.jpg

Last edited:
I did Wentworth a couple weeks back too but was able to yet to icehouse, was snow in a couple of places. Haven't been to the look out, I'll have to check it out next time I'm out
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah Sunday before last I was in a huge group and the eye in the sky was working with 2 cars handing out tickets. I'm sure that's why they were pointing up
Posted via Mobile Device

Ahhhh yes indeed, Pacemaster and I "play" there at least 4 times per riding season. And at the end of the road in Georgetown, the best burger in the state awaits you just west of the firestation at one of those "Mom & Pop" type restaurants.
We have held off going there to date because we hear that there is still snow drifts and run-off a few miles into Wentworth Springs Rd at the Ice House intersection. Anyone have a more current road condition update?

Oh, a year or two ago one of the regulars at said restaurant told us that over the course of a year 9 riders lost their lives there.

Last edited:
*drooling*

I need to go on a tour with you soon!

Anytime Rob. I rode Hwy 36 on Saturday with our NorCal Tour.

Imagine just trolling along at about 80-85 following one of these.

Gopr0005.jpg

Hwy36_1_800.jpg

Hwy36_2_800.jpg

We rode Forest Rd 1 and still had snow at 5500 ft! Almost July.

Dsc01016_StreetFighter_800.jpg

Dsc00998_fran_800.jpg

Gopr0005.jpg

Hwy36_1_800.jpg

Hwy36_2_800.jpg

Dsc01016_StreetFighter_800.jpg

Dsc00998_fran_800.jpg

Wentworth Springs Road is my Backyard :thumbsup: Gota love the Foothills. Anytime you want to ride let me know :cheerleader:

Anyone have a more current road condition update?

the pics I posted were taken on tuesday 6-29-2010. I went up on 6-05-2010 and 6-13-2010 and was able to get to icehouse both times there was some snow drift those days but tuesday it was smooth railing the whole way

6-05-2010
2010-010.jpg

6-13-2010
dsc02811.jpg

love the views...hope i can find twisties like that for the haya's

Ahhhh yes indeed, Pacemaster and I "play" there at least 4 times per riding season. And at the end of the road in Georgetown, the best burger in the state awaits you just west of the firestation at one of those "Mom & Pop" type restaurants.
We have held off going there to date because we hear that there is still snow drifts and run-off a few miles into Wentworth Springs Rd at the Ice House intersection. Anyone have a more current road condition update?

Oh, a year or two ago one of the regulars at said restaurant told us that over the course of a year 9 riders lost their lives there.

Jim, I was there on Father's Day 6-20-10 and it was clear the whole way.

Wow what a huge group photo. Thanks for the update on that road. Is the Lookout spot north of the wentworth springs road off of Icehouse..
yea those first few miles off icehouse had to designed by a MC enthusiast one might think.Pic is at the lake on wentworth.. CC05's Busa 2009

IMGP5343.jpg

Back