my morning ride

bignblue

Registered
riding buddies couldnt make it for a late night ride, i couldnt let a weekend go by without a little ride but as long as cagers are out and about i wont ride.

watched 2 movies and at about 2:30am decieded it would be alright to ride and i was right the road was all to myself...almost, drove to dads place, rolled out the busa, geared up and off i went, cruising away gently getting the tires warmed up, a slow 70mph cruise down to the capital "Manama" and then headed for the BIC "Bahrain International Circuit" where formula1, drag racing and other motoring events are held.

heres where things got interesting, i use the gps on my Nokia E75 to measure my speed, when i came to fill up gas and grab a coffee i checked up my cell phone to see what it has measured, a heart fluttering 187mph!!!!, a first for me, the fastest speed measured on my gps prior to this was 172mph on my zx12r

I dont recall the owner telling me he had a TRE installed! and the big four have their bikes limited to 186mph, which makes me question the accuracy of gps on cell phones.

during my run did not check my speedo reading but it was close to full tilt, i had checked the same gps on my car and it showed 60mph while the cars speedo was indicating the same.

187 or not, today is the fastest i have ever been on two wheels, hope you enjoy the pics

1.JPG

2.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

DSC03805.jpg

DSC03806.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been there before on an assignment back in '04 and I absolutely loved Manama. I sounds like you had a blast. A place called "Area 51" in Manama was the place I loved to go to. They have pool tables:laugh: Make sure you go see the "Tree of Life" while you are there. I took pictures of it:whistle: in broad day light...tell me why all the pics came out as though I took the pictures at 0300am????

Nice pics thanks for sharing. Have only been to that location once and it was just passing through to next assignment. Great food.

thanks everyone, glad you liked the pics.

Great pics:thumbsup: I would love to visit that area someday

thanks, Bahrain welcomes tourists, but imho Dubai is the ultimate destination to experience the middle east, but wouldnt hurt to drop by for a few days out here.

I've been there before on an assignment back in '04 and I absolutely loved Manama. I sounds like you had a blast. A place called "Area 51" in Manama was the place I loved to go to. They have pool tables:laugh: Make sure you go see the "Tree of Life" while you are there. I took pictures of it:whistle: in broad day light...tell me why all the pics came out as though I took the pictures at 0300am????

the original pictures did not turn out well, i did a little editing adding a little contrast, but the sunrise pics were taken about 5:00am, im surprised you compare them to those taken at 3:00am as it was still dark, maybe it was a different time of year?

btw orgsters, any feedback regarding cell phone GPS accuracy would be highly appreciated.

I cant help you on the GPS, I still dont have one, This way I can tell the wife I only did 65mph today. That is if I can find my way home. :laugh:

I do like those pics though, Thanks

The cellphone GPS should work the same as any other GPS, as I believe they use the same basic chip.
Here's a quote on GPS accuracy relating to MPH measurment:
On the other hand, a GPS will calculate your speed to within about a quarter of a mile per hour (best case is about 0.1 mph accuracy, worst case scenario is about 0.5 mph accuracy).
Oh, beautiful bike too.!! You've got the fastest colour..!!

Last edited:
Driving can be very dangerous over there so definitely be careful. Thanks for sharing.

Great pics. Thanks for sharing. You know, if I live there, I will be riding with you.:laugh:

I went out this morning, too.:beerchug:

glady you liked the pics orgsters

Driving can be very dangerous over there so definitely be careful. Thanks for sharing.

i agree, except riding at anytime above 2:00am and the road is all yours.

Great pics. Thanks for sharing. You know, if I live there, I will be riding with you.:laugh:

I went out this morning, too.:beerchug:

no doubts :thumbsup:

You went past 186 because thats a 2000. I don't think they were restricted until 2001.

its a 05 thats why im doubting my gps, or maybe theres a "tre" in there! but the ex owner had the bike for less than 500miles before it scared him:laugh:, he didnt know much about it anyway.

Back