Gonna buy a Harley

Why, ride a Harley clone when you can get the real thing? I mean thats what he wants. As for Victory's the few guys I knew with them only got em to save a couple bucks and ended up trading them in on HDs anyway. Just get what you want. Victorys are junk IMO. Harleys quality is excellent now, as it should be with yesterdays technology. And to the guys who think they still fall apart, I call bull**** !

pretty sure i didnt quote you and insult your opinion. appeciate if you did the same.

i know several people that have quality control problems with harleys, new and old, no bike or manufacturer is immune from it. if you wanna mark yourself out to harleys im sure there are plenty of forums for that.

jelly are you from Ok originally? if you still come here or have family here may be worth it to see what bartlesville cycle can make you a deal for.

M_Ridgeway, my apologies if I offended you. That wasnt the intent. I guess my point is that the QC on the HDs has come a long way in the last decade. They are quality machines finally, but I still sold it for the Busa.:beerchug:

I got them both, a Busa and my Harley. As far as having a favorite, I dont have one. While customizing the Harley, I did get the chance to meet some real good people who have become close friends, even as hardcore as they are about V Twins, they like the Busa to.

010.jpg

016.jpg

Busa brothers, if ya think I have lost it, help me back on the right path, but I'm going to add a Harley to the stable for the reasons below, soon.

1.) Every Sunday, about 50 Harleys leave close to where I live for a fun ride, Busa won't fit there and it looks like a nice group of folks.

2.) Wifey will be more comfortable on those 100 mile rides.

3.) If you are an American (I became one in 2006) you have to at least have owned a Harley once in a lifetime.

4.) I can't hang bells and leather decorations on the Busa, they fall off around 150mph.

5.) A Busa will never make an American fashion statement.

6.) Group rides with a Busa are not easy to organize of find.

So, any advice to stop me and make me save some money?

Do it, I did! Been a bad ass biker since 2004 on my Fatboy when I sold my GSXR 750, now I had to get myself a 08 Busa to have both ends of the best!!!

I got them both, a Busa and my Harley. As far as having a favorite, I dont have one. While customizing the Harley, I did get the chance to meet some real good people who have become close friends, even as hardcore as they are about V Twins, they like the Busa to.

Nice Night Train bro!:thumbsup:

Jelly,
There's nothing wrong with wanting to buy some Barley. :laugh:

There are some cool models out there and they are the most customized bikes ever.
Make it your own and ride safe. And pleasing Mrs Jellyrug is very commendable of you. :beerchug:

Just 2ct

there are dozens of good used harleys out there. i suggest buy used. and be prepared for $400 oil changes if you take it to a dealer for service. i like my 91 dyna Sturgis w/16" apes. comfortable, and i feel good when i ride it. alot of my friends are still confused a year later as to why i bought the busa. but others have tried me and know why i ride it:laugh: i still go on the poker runs, and such on my Busa. you can still go ride with those fellas. i bet they are nice folks and will see you for who you are not what you ride.:beerchug:
cruzers are fun. i ride um all.:thumbsup:

Did you get a vasectomy? :rofl:
Just kidding, I have a HD somewhere around here...
We just moved on to other things. It was fun for a little while.
Good luck.. get an Ultra Classic with all the goodies!!!

Scroll down to the middle of page 2

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-...hayabusa-should-have-came-factory-pics-2.html

With the aftermarket Le Pera seats its 10X more comfortable ride.

The only thing similar between the harley and busa is that they have two wheels... completely different riding syles...and I will be the first to admit, the harley is a much better bike for cruising. I LOVE my Busa, but for just going out for a nice ride without have a temptation of going over 100 by flicking the throttle the HD is the way to go.

Busa brothers, if ya think I have lost it, help me back on the right path, but I'm going to add a Harley to the stable for the reasons below, soon.

1.) Every Sunday, about 50 Harleys leave close to where I live for a fun ride, Busa won't fit there and it looks like a nice group of folks.

2.) Wifey will be more comfortable on those 100 mile rides.

3.) If you are an American (I became one in 2006) you have to at least have owned a Harley once in a lifetime.

4.) I can't hang bells and leather decorations on the Busa, they fall off around 150mph.

5.) A Busa will never make an American fashion statement.

6.) Group rides with a Busa are not easy to organize of find.

So, any advice to stop me and make me save some money?

...only kind of serious

1. good people don't care what kind of bike your on
2. fair enough
3. umm... no
4. true
5. really don't know what to say to that
6. not in my expierience

If you really want one go for it. As of now I'm not particulary impressed with any of their bikes, but to each their own.

Get a track bike and meet even cooler people at the track...

I've owned a couple HD's and rode most of their models... While they won't ever compare to the Busa, I guess I can understand the appeal. Personally the attitude/arrogance of the riders and disregard for proper riding gear ruined it for me...

If you want something that's going to be comfy for the wife, then you're gonna have to go with a bigger HD. The Road King or the Electa Glide to start... Anything smaller and she'll be one unhappy camper...

Also, like everyone has said, they need lots of maintenance. I can attest to that one...

Whatever you do decide, make sure you keep the Busa and ride safe!
:beerchug:

I've owned a couple HD's and rode most of their models... While they won't ever compare to the Busa, I guess I can understand the appeal. Personally the attitude/arrogance of the riders and disregard for proper riding gear ruined it for me...

If you want something that's going to be comfy for the wife, then you're gonna have to go with a bigger HD. The Road King or the Electa Glide to start... Anything smaller and she'll be one unhappy camper...

Also, like everyone has said, they need lots of maintenance. I can attest to that one...

Whatever you do decide, make sure you keep the Busa and ride safe!
:beerchug:

I never had "a lot" of maintenance issues. The new ones require less. No throttle cables to lube and no primary chain adjustment. Never had to adjust the valves (hydraulic). Change the oil and filter, lube the clutch cable was about all.
Get a manual and do it yourself. The dealers ask to much for a service. :banghead:

I never had "a lot" of maintenance issues. The new ones require less. No throttle cables to lube and no primary chain adjustment. Never had to adjust the valves (hydraulic). Change the oil and filter, lube the clutch cable was about all.
Get a manual and do it yourself. The dealers ask to much for a service. :banghead:

You're right about the dealers, I avoid them at all costs. As I do with my Busa.

HD's will get good mpg. But Victory's and metric cruisers, lower maintenance.
Love my Yamaha rswarrior 1700. Faster and better handling.

warrior (Small).JPG

Back