My AV system update

theskaz

I am all that is BACON!
Donating Member
Registered
I have been playing with my AV setup at the new house and I figgered id share with ya.
TV - Sony Bravia 52" W Series
Audio - Sony Bravia Somthing or another 5.1/3 HDMI in
HTPC - Mythbuntu 10.04 LTS x64
Server (Closet) 9TB Windows Server 2008 (Expandable to 24 Drives)

PICS!!!

Ok This is how I browse my Vids. This is my HD folder. All of these movies were ripped(lossless) from Blu-rays. Linux doesnt play blu-rays yet so this is the only way.
DSC_0010.jpg

Here is what shows up when you click on the movie:
DSC_0019.jpg

sorry for the grappy pic but the flash ruined it and this was the best alternative. The bottom machine there is the HTPC. it runs a single HDMI cable to the Audio Receiver(right on top of it) and the audio receiver knows where everything goes.
DSC_0012.jpg

Here is the heart of everything. Its located out of site and earshot. This is where all the movies are actually stored.
DSC_0013.jpg

I Like LEDs
DSC_0017.jpg

FIOS BABY!!!! 25/20
DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

Sweet setup!

I just started moving my movies to the hard drive a few months ago.
I have a 52xbr, Acer PC with 2TB Hard drive. Sony BluRay player and of course Karaoke :laugh:

Have you tried XBMC? first software I tried nothing esle.

IMG_0212.jpg

IMG_0214.jpg

IMG_0213.jpg

Looking good 9TB should store a in the ball park of movies of 2,000 DVD format movies right? What are you gonna do when you run outta space :poke::rofl:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Looking good 9TB should store a in the ball park of movies of 2,000 DVD format movies right? What are you gonna do when you run outta space :poke::rofl:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

i have 1300 dvd's and 80 BRs 3.4Tb free, ill just add more hard drives :)

Last edited:
Sweet setup!

I just started moving my movies to the hard drive a few months ago.
I have a 52xbr, Acer PC with 2TB Hard drive. Sony BluRay player and of course Karaoke :laugh:

Have you tried XBMC? first software I tried nothing esle.

sweet!

I have not played with XBMC but have seen it around.

very nice setup! i wish i could dump all of my movies on the ps3 and free up some closet space for my components. :beerchug:

XBMC is awesome, most of the a/v stuff that is just coming around could be done on a original XBOX all the way back in 04.

Back