I am mad I did not do this a long time ago.

cipher5791

Registered
After months and months of waiting for some inexpensive HIDs, I did cop a set from DDMTuning and I have to say that I am just amazed at the difference. I am telling all my bike buddies about these babies. I didn't take pictures of the install since I am not in my normal environment.(living with in-laws until my house is done:banghead:):laugh:
Well on the way to work the other morning, I decided to snap some pics with my phone. This is about 6am.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

IMG00035-20100608-0533.jpg

IMG00036-20100608-0533.jpg

IMG00038-20100608-0550.jpg

Huge difference, And I like the feeling I get when someone is getting ready to turn left in front of me, I feel alot more confident there going to see me.

If you dont mind me asking, how much does this cost and how hard is the installation?

If you dont mind me asking, how much does this cost and how hard is the installation?

$50, instillation is much easier then taking the fairings off.

Im still waiting for DDM to fix my order. Customer service is horrible if you get the wrong part.

I have loved it after I did my install of my hids! Now the busa has them, the 09 1k has them, my g/f's bike has them, and few others I have done......

$50? It used to be $85! dang, I gotta get in on this. What temperature did you all get? I'm probably gonna get 6000K
Posted via Mobile Device

I never realized how bad the headlight is on my Busa. I mean I couldn't see anything at night on mine until I raised it up, that made a HUGE DIFFERENCE !! But even after that riding with my little brother on his Gixxer 600 with HID's, when he's behind me I see WAY MORE with his lights than my own !!

It only cost $50.00 ? Was that for low beam only ?

Where did you hide the balasts? Do you have to wire it up so that the bike starts then the light comes on?

Where did you hide the balasts? Do you have to wire it up so that the bike starts then the light comes on?

I put a 55W 5000K from DDM tuning on my CBR1100xx and also installed a 15 second delay module at the same time, so far they have worked flawlessly. By contrast, my project busa came with an HID kit that had no delay module, so far it's about 50/50 as to weather the unit will actually ignite, I find myself toggling the ignition while I'm riding often which irritates me so I will be buying another 15 second delay for the Busa too.

I created a little plate that extends into the space on the opposite side from the fuses and is clamped between the gauges and the subframe at the bottom right bolt of the gauges, works great!

Just look for "528T DEI" on eBay if you are interested.

Last edited:
$50, instillation is much easier then taking the fairings off.

Im still waiting for DDM to fix my order. Customer service is horrible if you get the wrong part.

I concur!!! DDM Tuning, can you please hold? Hell no! I have called 30 times with no help and personally I'm quite sick of being on hold for 12-20 minutes!
The poor girl answering the phone didn't know what to say.
Needless to say, I got help, corrected my order and have some damn bright sexy lights.

I've done alot of work to my bike but for some reason this mod seems a lil daunting.
Posted via Mobile Device

Anyone have the DDM kit in their Gen1 and reverse the projector light baffle? Pics of results of either/or
Posted via Mobile Device

Back