Getting Ready for Barber June 26 / 27

Twobrothersbusa

Team Gixxer Racing; IDMBT #1
Donating Member
Registered
Putting new BT003RS rubber on the Busa today along with some new brake pads. (EBC HH) Sorry I didn't get a good profile with the new rims, but it started raining like mad and I was taking up my wifes Honda Pilot garage space. She rushed me out to my little corner of the garage.

She looks kind of busted at this point.
TrackingtheBike001.jpg

Almost there...
TrackingtheBike003.jpg

Rear shot.
TrackingtheBike005.jpg

I think you're gonna have a great time down there. Diane and I are planning to come down and visit sometime over the weekend. :beerchug:

Oh, and rain? What rain? :rofl: We got done with it and sent it up the road to you!

Daniel, we'll have the RV onsite. You are welcome anytime. Air conditioning, food, and facilites. (Oh and the three puppies as well....)

Run those tires at 30/30 cold to start with (and this might be a little high); 33/34 is WAY too high for track use on a hot day!

PM Tufbusa if you want to know the why part....

Run those tires at 30/30 cold to start with (and this might be a little high); 33/34 is WAY too high for track use on a hot day!

PM Tufbusa if you want to know the why part....

That's more what I was thinking. I'll be runing them for the first time at Hallett in a few weeks.

SteveO actually talked to the Dunlop rep about the Q2's...they recommend even LOWER pressure for their tires (like mid 20's on the rears!) for the Q2.

Mr Bogus runs 003s; I'll ask him and see what he comes back with.

Putting new BT003RS rubber on the Busa today along with some new brake pads. (EBC HH) Sorry I didn't get a good profile with the new rims, but it started raining like mad and I was taking up my wifes Honda Pilot garage space. She rushed me out to my little corner of the garage.

She looks kind of busted at this point.
TrackingtheBike001.jpg

Almost there...
TrackingtheBike003.jpg

Rear shot.
TrackingtheBike005.jpg

Dont mean to steal your thread but I noticed your pipes and was wondering how you like them. I was thinking about buying the exact setup. I havent found someone locally that has them so I could hear what they sound like.

I think the Yosh is to quite for my taste. I need to hear the Brothers before I make the purchase. Still looking

One more thing, Is that the touring windshield you have? If so, who's is it and where did you purchase it?
Does it keep the wind off of your head or is it still hitting you in the face and shoulders? Sorry for all the questions.

Last edited:
I don't think twobrothersbusa has the zuk touring screen, but I do. Puts the windline about 2-3 inches above stock (now at forehead instead of shoulder/neck level)...from the spring bash. The big Kanji was my idea.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I got this PM Back from Mr Bogus about tire pressure:

I would start at something like 31/31.. I have gone up and down 2 psi and lower gets "wishy washy" and I had to go higher as my lap times dropped so I would not eat the tires so bad..

Main thing , you need a good lap and maybe some to get them up to temp.. they are pretty easy to feel under you but take your time..

SteveO actually talked to the Dunlop rep about the Q2's...they recommend even LOWER pressure for their tires (like mid 20's on the rears!) for the Q2.

Mr Bogus runs 003s; I'll ask him and see what he comes back with.

Actually Dunlop sent me an email the following day recanting their 23 rear 27 front for the Q2. They inadvertently gave me pressures for the GP-A race tires.

Dunlop recommends starting pressure at 27-28 rear (Cold) and 30-32 front (Cold) for the mighty Q2's!

You really can't go wrong with starting your 003's at 30 - 30 cold and adjust your pressure to suit you from there.

Generally speaking you want your rear tire cold pressure lower than the front because you work the rear tire harder and it generates more heat and a larger psi increase than the front.

Actually Dunlop sent me an email the following day recanting their 23 rear 27 front for the Q2. They inadvertently gave me pressures for the GP-A race tires.

Dunlop recommends starting pressure at 27-28 rear (Cold) and 30-32 front (Cold) for the mighty Q2's!

That sounds more like it.

Back