240 kit - 4 inch extended?

Speed King

Banned
How much $$ am I looking at to get a 240 kit - 4 inch extended?

With a 240 - 4 inch extended, are there any disadvantages?

With a stock widend rim and a black arm...$2500 ? With front and rear billet wheels and chrome arm...$3400+ ?

Just a starter idea for you. Now days..there are deal out there to be made.

Just be carefull who you get it from, A couple of us have had what you might call an interesting scenerio with one Dist.

PM me and I will tell you who.

How much $$ am I looking at to get a 240 kit - 4 inch extended?

With a 240 - 4 inch extended, are there any disadvantages?

Disadvantages like added weight, reduced turn-in ability....is that what you're referring to? I'd check with Demmy and FastFrog, they both seem happy with their kits...plenty of others on here as well that could probably give you advice on who to go with as well as who to stay away from on these kits.

Speedking....go with the CZ 240 wheels "they look nice and weight less then all others" and a 4 over trac arm. The custom wheels weight EXTREMELY to much. My current arm is 5-9 over which means it has to sit at 5.5 over when its fully pulled in....wish I had the option to go 4over. Also run the Pirelli Diablo Z rated 240. Unless your trying to ride like Ben Bostrom the 240 isn't a fun killer like people say

will need to upgrade your rear shock once you stretch it. this is a part most people neglect and shouldnt. its inportant you have the right suspension set up.other then bottoming out its really unsafe to ride with what will equate to a soft rear shock.can create traction problems. check out traxxion dynamics for this,very reasonable and wont find anything better out there.

Other than loss in handling I know of none That 240 kit CZ has is sweet :thumbsup: Sounds like you want to do it right so keep reading and asking questions. I didn't know about the shock(thanks for the info) i wondered why some bikes seemed to sag :whistle: when stretched with a bigtire

I didn't know about the shock(thanks for the info) i wondered why some bikes seemed to sag :whistle: when stretched with a bigtire

Next time you see one that looks like that, Look under the undertail and see if that tire hasnt hit it a couple times. :banghead:

Only GenII 240 pic I have...MOST my saved pics of much larger Phatties:rofl:

Dont think you where asking of issue of DOING the 240, but of what to look for when BUYing a 240 kit. I would have said TRAC untill their most reasont BAD stories of them. THompson arms look good. Think Allthings Chrome has 240s. BST has a bad azz 240 kit with their carbon wheels.:thumbsup:

100_2928.jpg

:rofl: "everyone loves phatties" thanks for the pic
what shock setup is on this bike?
I think i might go with the carrozzeria 240 kit myself
was wondering if anyone has a pic of that kit on a genII

IMO, Ive got an all things chrome 6-8 over set about 7 over, 2 teeth up in the rear, one down up front. So, you will lose speed and handling, guarenteed. How much is kind of a matter of opinion (there are numbers, i dont know em)and how agressive you ride. The loss didnt bother me enough to take it off, but im sure Macon454 or some of our other knee draggers would have a fit if they had to ride it. The loss of acceleration kinda sucks, but its a busa and still has plenty of get up and go. The handling lose was acceptable to me, for the most part. I can do off ramps and back roads fine, does take a little more effort to make it happen. I did take it to the dragon, i really noticed it there, was a fight in the tight sections, and defienitly didnt belong in that situation, buit still had fun.
I get complimented everytime i ride it, which is nice. Appearence mods do that.:whistle:

If money is no object, get the BST kit, hands down. I got my ATC kit second hand, so its what was available, and Im happy with it.

Thats my .02, not sure if i answered any questions, but thats some info for ya:thumbsup:

Snuck a gen1 in here too:laugh:

SANY0671.jpg

SANY0939.jpg

Last edited:
My wifes 08 has a 240 kit with a TRAC arm, havnt had any problems out of it, whats the problems there having? On my bike I have a C&S 300 kit, the 300 kit dosnt handle like you would want it to the 240 isnt really a big change in handling.

08 busa 002.jpg

08 busa 004.jpg

300kit 011.jpg

300kit 013.jpg

Fastnotch- last i heard the chain they include with the kit is NOT safe for a Busa. Package said max 400cc on Demmy's kit and another similiar issue with Fernenhaya (Sp?) kit. Please PLEASE check you chain to be safe:thumbsup:

Fastnotch- last i heard the chain they include with the kit is NOT safe for a Busa. Package said max 400cc on Demmy's kit and another similiar issue with Fernenhaya (Sp?) kit. Please PLEASE check you chain to be safe:thumbsup:

Thats good, glad it wasnt something with the arm, I have a EK ZZZ chain on her, only chain I'll run :thumbsup: thanks for the info!:bowdown:

Back