Caps June Hallett thread

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
So let me start this by telling you all that you need to get out and make and effort to meet people... This website is great to sit behind a monitor and keyboard, you make a lot of friends but getting out face to face is where the real payoff is at. You have to work at it!

I had the great great opportunity to meet up with Uncle Steve at 3am so we could head out, we talked all the way to the track. You know I think that talking and planning is a great part of the adventure.

We got to the track at 6am and pulled in and here is where the Org makes the difference.. I got out of the truck and there was Macon, all smiles of course and the first thing he did was shake my hand and tell me how glad he was that we were there. He started moving bikes and things around to make room for us, he didn't just stand there and watch, he jumped in.... I look across to the next bike port and here comes RacerV, guys I don't think anything can make a guy feel better or more welcomed but John shakes my hand and says "Doug its good to see you here".. James pulled in and we unloaded his bike, got him all ready and as a group we went down to the riders meeting.... Once again with just a handfull of us we got to experience this thing called the Org.... A little later I got to shake hands with hillbillytom and have a short conversation with him before we had to hit the track again...

What a blessed man I am for having good friends and being able to share my life adventure with......

now how about some pics.....

Macon heading for turn 2
macon6.jpg

Uncle Steve coming down turn 6
steve.jpg

Cap coming around turn 6
cap.jpg

John coming around turn 6
john2.jpg

this is about as close to Steve as I got all day
as close to.jpg

cap coming around turn 6
cap2.jpg

Steve pulling it up, this was a pretty common busa site
steve1.jpg

Steve railing!
steve2.jpg

Hillbillytom
tom2.jpg

twotonevert
james2.jpg

Ahhhhh Pure Joy
happiness.jpg

John beat me in the corner
john.jpg

Macon at 90
macon4.jpg

I think I have a chance of keeping the lead on this one
corner1.jpg

Hillbillytom
hillbillytom.jpg

twotonevert
james.jpg

Macon on turn 6
macon.jpg

Steve and John, John likes the big air
john1.jpg

twotonevert
james3.jpg

cap and John on turn 6
cap3.jpg

macon6.jpg

steve.jpg

cap.jpg

john2.jpg

as close to.jpg

cap2.jpg

steve1.jpg

steve2.jpg

tom2.jpg

james2.jpg

happiness.jpg

john.jpg

macon4.jpg

corner1.jpg

hillbillytom.jpg

james.jpg

macon.jpg

john1.jpg

james3.jpg

cap3.jpg

Twotonevert turn 2
james4.jpg

RacerV turn 6
john3.jpg

Macon454 decided that riding above the grass would make a softer landing if he had a get off..
macon2.jpg

I think someone is on that bike!
macon3.jpg

Shane on turn 6
macon5.jpg

I think this is one of my favorites... Steve, Cap, John
the three.jpg

hillbillytom going to turn 2
tom.jpg

Hey skydiver, if you cant get your knee down on the asphalt just move up to the concrete!
macon.jpg

james4.jpg

john3.jpg

macon2.jpg

macon3.jpg

macon5.jpg

the three.jpg

tom.jpg

macon.jpg

Wow, those came out great, keep em coming Cap! :cheerleader:

Hey James, you know you have all of these on your laptop right. I uploaded them all to your computer while you were on the track the last time...

Hey James, you know you have all of these on your laptop right. I uploaded them all to your computer while you were on the track the last time...

Yes, Juli told me, I need to get a thumb drive and move them to my desktop, they are hard to see on my netbook. :laugh:

Very cool, Doug! And congrats on the 'knee down'! Just watching the vid's and checking out the pic's makes my heart race. Looking forward to doing this some time. (Say, what's with the taped out lights and such?) You guys have a Good 'un!

Very cool, Doug! And congrats on the 'knee down'! Just watching the vid's and checking out the pic's makes my heart race. Looking forward to doing this some time. (Say, what's with the taped out lights and such?) You guys have a Good 'un!

You tape up all the plastic pieces, headlight, taillights, turn signals, mirrors and reflectors. The reasoning is so that if you crash there isnt debris all over the track. I think all weekend there was something like 12 - 15 crashes and the recovery of each of those was about 30 seconds average. The corner workers would put the flags out then get the bikes off the track quick, the tape keeps all the plastic in one piece ususally...

Dang, Captain, how big was that lens! Those are some AWESOME pictures!

All those was with my 200 all glass Nikkor lense. Hey all the shots of John, Steve and myself were taken by Super Shane Macon, not only can he ride but he's a pretty darn good photographer.

I just cropped the pics I posted and showed the stuff we really wanted to see....

Back