Bushing fried in

2hip

Registered
4 months ago while I was doing the paint I took my left and right foot assemblies to a company called "Sik", south of San Francisco, to have them black chromed. I dissembled them to the best of my ability. When I got there they looked at the things still on the right front brake and told me they would finish disassembly and save the parts. that was a huge mistake on my part. They told me they would be finished in 2-3 weeks..Two months later I had to push them for the finished product. When i got there I could see that there were big time quality control issues with the work. I showed them that they had not taken the bushings out and had literally cooked the rubber into the grommet hole. They said it was my problem because I should have taken them out before submitting. I told them of previous conversation..."not our problem"...It cost me almost 90 dollars to replace these 6 bushings from Suzuki. Now it is four months later and I am just getting bike back together again.
There are three bushing per side. The bushings are metal sleeved outter rim and inner rim...and there is a rubber compound between the two sleeves. When they cooked the bushings in the grommet holes the outter metal sleeve has frozen onto the body part. I am asking for recommendations for how to remove these...see pics...thanks for help

bike front peg bushing 05-25-10 001.jpg

bike front peg bushing 05-25-10 002.jpg

bike rear module install 05-25-10 006.jpg

bike rear module install 05-25-10 004.jpg

They are a pressed fit!
You may need to remove the powder coating from inside the holes so they fit with a dremel!

They are a pressed fit!
You may need to remove the powder coating from inside the holes so they fit with a dremel!

They are Black Chrome and not PCd.
This is a metal finish they applied right 2hippie ?

I don't understand as it looks like you have entire bushing out sitting next to peg bracket ?
The bushing just goes back in ?
What am I missing or not seeing Alan ?
I feel like Vinnie Barbarino ova heah !
Um so Kunfuzed ?

Last edited:
Saiid, even when I am pissed off about something you can make me laugh "ova heah" (vinnie)...What you are seeing is the new bushing that will go in that hole...it is hard to see that the outter metal tube (ring) is frozen to the interior of the hole...
You can see the new bushing has an exterior tube and an interior tube with black between it...well the exterior tube is actually frozen to the hole...there are three holes in the bracket...these holes hold the bushings and the long bolts go through these into the frame of the bike...use guys are messed up...no eyeballs left...ha ha...

you can put them back in with 14 mm socket and a slightly bigger socket and a Vise with at least an 4" opening width.I hope i'm explaining this right, I did this and it worked.

Stop by your local machine shop and ask them to press them out. Hydralic Press is the proper way to solve your problem!

If your lucky, you might find a socket or some pipe that is just big enough to catch the sleve without hitting the main piece. It looks very thin soooo....Hopefully its just seized up a little where you also might be able to hit it with a punch to 'unfreeze' it. Shock it. Then push or work it out. Good luck. The piece looks great by the way....:thumbsup:

If the inner collars are still there, they need to be cut out! I take it that is what your saying!

I would either use a dremel with a carbide tip, or a hack saw blade to split them!

Back