New Member and New would be owner from Mumbai - India

thanks for all those warm welcome here
Looking forward to my first long ride on sunday now
200 kms +, a place called Lonavala, amby valley
have confirmation from almost 9 riders
So lookin forward to a great time
any tips i should keep in mind for my first long ride ?
thanks in advance all you wonderful people here :cheerleader:
Ram

Keep plenty of distance between you and any other riders you have never ridden with before.
They may stop too soon.
They may weave around
They may do something you are not wanting and the two of you could come together.
So for the first while just observe them and make sure your comfy around them.

Bonding and More - Amby Valley n Back - Despoine's first trip outta Mumbai

Ram's Log : 16th May 2010

Despoine was very excited about her first trip outta Mumbai where she would be on the go to open up and tempt me to let go of the throttle. I was hoping wiser sense would prevail as i am not yet ready to take that leap of SPEED UNLIMITED. Still a newbie you see.

The excitement percolated down to me and kept me awake the latter part of Saturday Nite. What would have been a partying time, was spend @ HOME, quality time with family, yet the mind wandering off to, what the ride had in score for me.

Ride was with fellow xbhpian's : Had confirmation of 30 odd riders joining in and among them would be 4 SBK's. This was also supposed to be first Mumbai Pune G2G (correct me if im wrong). So was anticpating few SBK's from Pune too.
Was to meet at Bandra @ 6.00 am, so got up @ 4.00
Was all ready at 4.45, Fully geared, raring to GO.
I'm a late Riser, but that day, when the open western express roads beckon, i was really thinking hard and grinning away to glory "It Sure pays to get up early - Despoine gets a good PlayGround".
So probably there would be more early mornings for me now.
What with the short rides within city, in mid-day making a tandoori out of my thighs, these early morning scene made me happy as a kid in a candy store.

Met Naval who had come from Chandigarh ( he is a Black Gold Busa Owner ), who happened to be in kandivli at that earthly hour. Caught up with him for microseconds, and he too was happy to see Despoine, more than me (kiddin !!!). Zipped on to Goregaon to meet some more xbhpian's and headed of to BKC signal. It was very tempting to zip zap on those empty roads, but i din venture beyond 100. Self imposed for me at that point of time.
Could see a large formation already at the BKC Signal. I went into BKC to feed Despoine, her Diet 97 SPEED. All tanked up, came back to BKC Signal. Huge crowd there, some xbhpian's and others - spectators. Mostly assuming that there is a race nearby and we are warming up
Few people actually walked up to ask where is the race. We were polite enough to say that NO RACES. Few riders did turn out without gear inspite of repeated instructions on the G2G thread. Was worrying enough for me as i was fully geared and wondering if they ride close to me and not follow formation rules, i would have to be slowing down often as im a newbie and yet to get a hold on Despoine. But thats a part of the ride.

Started as a team from there, and was fun to begin with : right till the end i would say. Almost all had perfect road discipline and that set me off my worry hook. I got accustomed and then it was a fun drive till vashi, where we met other riders.

We took the palm beach road from vashi which connects to the uran panvel road and the entire ride till lonavala was a breeze. Many stretches were tempting to open the throttle, but i kinda stayed in limits, being below 100 and less than 4k rpm

We fuelled ourselves at RamKrishna at Lonavala where we meet members from Pune and feasted on a brand new CBR1000 and an older fireblade. Then we went off to Amby Valley. The roads were a pleasure to drive what with the newly laid asphalt and the twisties. I did slow down a lot of times at the steep turns.

Followed some photo shoots at Amby Valley and a memorable trip back home

In all a 300 kms ride.

Some pics of the ride :

Pic Credits : Santosh Gambhire

g2g.jpg

g2g1.jpg

g2g2.jpg

g2g3.jpg

g2g4.jpg

g2g5.jpg

g2g6.jpg

g2g7.jpg

g2g8.jpg

g2g9.jpg

g2g10.jpg

g2g11.jpg

g2g12.jpg

Cool, what did you think of your first big group ride experience? Great pics too. :beerchug:

Good to hear. Riding in a group can be on the best times you will have, or depending on the riders, one of the worst times you can have. How many kilometers do you have now?

Hi All
a update after a long time here
Since its the rainy season here, i dont risk takin out the BUSA
Sunday, 15th August was the Independence Day in India
We group of bikers decided to do a Rally group ride from the South Tip ( Gateway of India ) of Mumbai to North Tip ( National park in Borivli)

It was a fun ride where we had 8 - 9 superbikes and other small bikes too joined
Was lucky to have the company of another white Busa ( 2009 ) with Racefit exhaust
Boy it was loud :cheerleader:

Posting some pics here

IMG_1456.jpg

IMG_1528.jpg

IMG_1514.jpg

ind 1.jpg

ind 2.jpg

ind 3.jpg

ind 4.jpg

Re: thaNKS

thank you
hey can you tell me which section do i post my query for aftermarket exhausts ?
me lookin for two bros reviews

I would say the Engine and Performance Mods section or the General Bike related topics would be a good place to start.

I ran a site search for "two brothers exhaust" and got a couple of hits.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/search.php?searchid=1742195

Here's a google search:
"two brothers exhaust" AND hayabusa - Google Search

Excellent pics of the ride! Good to see those Busas holding it down over there in India. :thumbsup:

उत्कृष्ट!

You must be doing ok in the Real Estate market. - I know what a Busa costs in India, and not many people can afford one.

Now we want to see you doing this:

Last edited by a moderator:
duuuude....and all this time I was thinking I'm the only Indian in this forum...good to see an Indian brother here man :cheerleader:

But whats wrong with US? 2010 got released everywhere else in the world, except here...damn it...I couldve bought that latest black model instead of the 09 one.

Anyway, I gotta ask this to you Ram, how much did it cost over there? I was thinkin of importing mine from here to there if required. But I'm worried import tax will be insane and it'll b wiser to buy one there itself.

Oh by the way, you work in Hiranandani Gardens on Pawai? Those building looked like that. My relatives lives there and I worked in Borivali area for over a year.

Anyway, congrats brother. Busa is a real beauty. Keep her safe.

Back