Slipped in some diesel today

Do yourself a favor & get some overpants, just in case. & Oh, nothing like that cheating death feeling, :woot:

Last edited:
I'm up in Edmonton.
This happens here all the time, not so much with fuels but lots of gravel, other fluids cold roads and tires.
In the spring and fall it's the ice. The busa is so stable you can swing the back end almost to a 90 degree angle to the direction of travel, once you let off the throttle it swings right back into line :thumbsup:
(The best part of warming the tire as I leave the house)
By far the most forgiving bike I've ever owned.

Last edited:
... The busa is so stable you can swing the back end almost to a 90 degree angle to the direction of travel, once you let off the throttle it swings right back into line.

Be carefull with that letting off the throttle or you may end up high siding and put your "D" in the dirt! :rulez:

I couldn't imagine it at that speed ? I was going through the DMV parking lot, and it was so packed I wasn't looking down. Then realized why is the ground wet ? Someone had a 5 gallon can of oil busted all over the ground. I went to stop, and nothing happened, thank god it finely did, but then when I put my foot down I almost lost it again ?

WHAT, NO PICS?? ???
:worthless:

j/k good save and glad that you where able to ride it out.

Yo, all I got is this one from dinner last night, to show the bike is still in one piece. don't ask me where she got that T-Shirt?:banghead:

Suzuki.jpg

Guess I'm lucky, but you can always control a slide if you don't panic and just maintain the status quo with a few small adjustments here and there. No time to think, it has to come naturally from your reactions.

Suzuki.jpg

Dude, watch out for those slipery spots! You'll end up paying through the nose for the next 18 years! :cheerleader:

Carthage has an airport? I thought it was only in Southern Pines... Anyways, why you not call me? You busy tonight, I wanna ride!

Good for you for having the right knowledge and the right attitude, and for not caving in to survival reactions! :thumbsup::bowdown:

I think it's a good illustration to everyone that every bike has a built-in ability to slide the rear and recover - especially in low traction conditions. And the best part is that the bike will do it all by itself. Assuming the rider dosn't do anything silly, like shutting the throttle off. Subtle changes in inputs are OK. It is actually pretty cool - feeling the rear slide, and then feeling how it corrects itself.

Back