Do these T-Rex frame sliders look installed correctly?

III

Registered
I just got them in today and put them on. It seemed fairly easy, but the instructions that came with it looked like a copy, of a copy, of a copy, so the pictures we're pretty much useless. Now that I'm able to get a good frontal view, they seem to be ok, but I wanted some opinion.

SAM_0569.jpg

SAM_0570.jpg

SAM_0571.jpg

I have mine sitting here on the counter. As soon as this freaking ran passes, I'll be able to get them installed.

Can't beat $55 shipped for a set of frame sliders.

I have mine sitting here on the counter. As soon as this freaking ran passes, I'll be able to get them installed.

Can't beat $55 shipped for a set of frame sliders.

I was robbed!!!! :rofl: I paid 79 for mine. Can't win em all I guess.

Thanks for the input everyone

Push it over and check? :laugh:

Just kidding man, they look right from the oics provided. As long as tehy are straight and don't have much deflection when you press inward, pull outward, up, down, etc... then they should be fine.

I just got them in today and put them on. It seemed fairly easy, but the instructions that came with it looked like a copy, of a copy, of a copy, so the pictures we're pretty much useless. Now that I'm able to get a good frontal view, they seem to be ok, but I wanted some opinion.

The reflectors and caution stickers are in the way.:moon: :poke:

Other then that the frame sliders look good.:thumbsup:

I think I gotta look into these.

Perfect...Keep an eye for oil leak.My left slider ...forced somehow the hose which leads oil from crankcase to the camshafts(head) and untighten the bolt which secures the hose to the head :beerchug:

Last edited:
I just did these as well. Did you put the long one on the right side? It may be the angle of the pics but it looks like the right side is shorter.

Make sure the internal bar is't resting against the headers (you can rotate it a little). I powder coated mine too. I'm gonna put some kind of black heat resistant paint on the internal bar also because I found a little rust on it. :thumbsup:

Thanks again for more input fellas. I'm definitely gonna look into powder coating them black. I like them, but I'm disappointed that the whole bike is black except the slider tube.

At first, I had the bar resting pretty close to the headers, but after re-reading the directions like 30 times, it says to rotate it towards where the sliders will mount. I almost made a sound like it snapped into place after I did that. The pinch bolt on the right side doesn't seem to push the slider holder completely flush, but it's pretty snug and thread locked, so it should be ok.

The only thing I really have left is the Brocks. :thumbsup: Thx again.

I just did these as well. Did you put the long one on the right side? It may be the angle of the pics but it looks like the right side is shorter.

I did put the longer one on the right side (brake side), but it seemed to me that when you added the spacer to the left one, it made them pretty close in length. That's kinda what I was wondering myself, but from head on, they look pretty even and extend further than the fairings.

Back