My baby is back and now she SCREAMS!!!!!

megawatt

Registered
After 3 months and 6 days I finally got my Busa back from a total engine rebuild and turbo tweaking. The long delay was due to work schedule, vacations, parts availability, etc,etc, etc. Heads up performance in Salt Lake City Utah specializes in Hayabusa LSR (Land Speed Racing) so my bike was worked on when Scott Horner did not have other LSR projects in the mix.

I went to Scott and said I want no more than 300hp out of my RCC stage 1 turbo kit (the turbo is good for up to 450hp) for my daily beater street bike using pump gas. Use as much of the original kit that I already have (no secondary injector system to keep cost down) and build up the engine once so if I decide to go more hp the engine will handle it, call me when its done.

Just some of the highlights on the build are in this thread. The details with many more pics will be put in the turbo section once I get the photos next week from my builder.

Wossner Turbo pistons
Wossner Turbo rods
ARP studs
S2000 automobile injectors
GM 3bar sensor wired in the PCIII for boost referencing
Reflash the ECU with a few changes
Backcut 2,3,6 gears
Aquamist h20 injection with detachable h2o tank stored in the hump, and a accumulator in the system
2 stage boost controller
bike tuned for 6 - 13 # of boost
switches to arm 2nd stage boost controller and h20 injection so it is not always on, complete with LED to indicate system is armed
And many more details I have left out.

I only took a ride today on the minimum power setting of 6# of boost (228hp) and the bike absolutely rips. Totally streetable power with control and ready for when I take her out on the drag strip and get crazy with the 311hp and 174 ft/# of torque. :thumbsup:

8, 11, and 13# of boost runs
dyno.jpg

H20 injection system
h2o.jpg

Detachable H20 tank hidden under the hump
tank.jpg

PMR switches for H20 and 2 stage boost controller
1009.jpg

LED system is armed indicator
IMG_1010.jpg

New type of air filter
IMG_1013.jpg

Turbo & air filter view
IMG_1012.jpg

I can't describe how much fun the bike is. Kinda like when I first got my stock busa two years ago.

Back