how hard is it to install levers

hemi

Registered
been thinkin about gettin some new levers, what's the best one's u guys are runnin, Pazzo's?? Is it difficult to remove the stockers and install the new one's?

Install is very easy. You will be surprised at how easy it was once you start into the project. I would guess less than 10 minutes per side on the first attempt.

Which levers are best brings debate.

They're all pretty darned easy to install.

Before you know it, there'll be a bunch of people with differing opinions here. If I were you, I'd use the search button and read through some of the previous threads to find information.

Wherever and whatever you buy, though...definitely look to the site sponsors first. :beerchug:

What about clearance issues? I have heard people having problems with aftermarket levers hitting the windscreen at full turn. Don't have risers or anything, so i shouldn't have any problems, right?

Very easy to install, if I remeber correctly it took about 10 mins on my CBR, haven't gotten around to doing em on the busa yet tho.

What is involved with the install? Do u just un-bolt the stocker and install the new one, easy as that? Which one's would be better, the shorties or long's. Might actually order a set tonight if i make a decision

Also, how is the feel compared to the stockers, is there much difference when applying clutch/brake?

Just installed the Pazzos on the wife Busa the other day. Litteraly only 10 minutes to install. No clearanse issues with the levers hitting the windscreen. Only differance was she got the shorty levers so using them with only two fingers took a little getting used to. Otherwise seem the same as far a feel.

Last edited:
Levers are easy to install. Just unscrew the bolt and slip the actuator thing in the lever and put the screw back in. I really like the Pazzos. The only thing I have to compare them to is stock but they are really pretty awesome, look cool too. Mine are regular, not the shorty ones.

Think i made my decision, gonna order the shorty black pazzo's with orange adjusters to match my 08 black/orange, also with hayabusa engraving on the back. Think these will look good on the bike? Just can't stop adding stuff to it lately, i've done hid lights, harris busa grips, clear alternatives smoke signals, and a new techmount in the last 2 weeks :laugh:

what about the FP tactical levers, was just lookin at those and think they look awesome. Can't decide which i like the looks of better, pazzo or fp tactical though

You asked about FP Tactical levers. That's what I got. Highest quality. Awesome company. The thing that sold me is if you drop the bike, these levers will 'flex' so they don't break. They've got any color you could want, and logo is available. Short, or long levers. Purchased from Tim at pashnit.com (sponsor). As for the installation, remove one bolt on the brake side, slip old lever off, slip new lever in, tighten bolt. Clutch side: remove one bolt; remove old lever, slide the bushing out of the old lever, slide it into the new lever and align to actuator arm, install new lever, replace bolt. It's that simple. As for feel, the FP's adjust in--and out--further than the stock. FP's have 6 positions, so you can pretty much tailor the lever position/travel to your preference. Color, adjustability, engraving, etc., are all similar to Pazzos. The difference and what decided me was the ability of the FP Tactical's to 'fold' on impact, then return to shape after. Whatever you choose, Pazzo, FP Tactical, etc., this is a good mod for making you all that more comfortable as you ride. Highly recommend. BTW, I have Heli bars and a 3/4" Genmar riser on my bike, and the FP's clear the fairing as well as the stockers, i.e., no interference. Alan

Caveat: On the FP, the '1' (closest) setting on the clutch side did not actuate the clutch switch when the clutch lever was pulled all the way in. The bike would not start with the switch not actuated. I used '2' and then '3' anyway. This is not a problem peculiar to FP. I've heard of it with others manufacturers, too. The fine dimensions on aftermarket parts are often just a little different than those of stock components. It wasn't a functional issue but actually, it bugged me enough I put a drop of JB Weld on the end of the switch shaft, let it dry. filed it lightly, and subsequent to that I could start the bike with the clutch in '1'. But unless you need that final 1/8" '1' provides over '2', then this is not an issue at all, i.e., '2' brings the clutch lever in toward the grip closer than the stock lever adjustment ever did.

Last edited:
Pazzo's on the Hayabusa

Pazzo Racing Levers $179 - FREE Shipping + $10 Engraving | PashnitMoto.com

Suzuki_GSXR1300_5_GSXTacy_800.jpg

Suzuki_GSXR1300_4_headrash_800.jpg

Szuzuki_GSXR1000_2_640.JPG

Suzuki_GSXR1300_1_400.jpg

Img_0021_600.jpg

blue_busa5.jpg

IMG_1827.jpg

Suzuki_GSXR1300_5_GSXTacy_800.jpg

Suzuki_GSXR1300_4_headrash_800.jpg

Szuzuki_GSXR1000_2_640.JPG

Suzuki_GSXR1300_1_400.jpg

Img_0021_600.jpg

blue_busa5.jpg

IMG_1827.jpg

Just installed the Pazzos on the wife Busa the other day. Litteraly only 10 minutes to install. No clearanse issues with the levers hitting the windscreen. Only differance was she got the shorty levers so using them with only two fingers took a little getting used to. Otherwise seem the same as far a feel.

I am sorry. I said she bought the Pazzos. I was wrong. I installed the FP Tactical Shorty levers with the bendable levers. She got them from Pashnit.com which I believe is a site sponser. She bought them on sale through their site and they look every bit as good as the Pazzos.

What about clearance issues? I have heard people having problems with aftermarket levers hitting the windscreen at full turn. Don't have risers or anything, so i shouldn't have any problems, right?

I just used the adjuster screw to adjust mine so that it don't hit

Just a reminder that they aren't the Pazzo's they are the FP's and they rock. So far I love them.

I am sorry. I said she bought the Pazzos. I was wrong. I installed the FP Tactical Shorty levers with the bendable levers. She got them from Pashnit.com which I believe is a site sponser. She bought them on sale through their site and they look every bit as good as the Pazzos.

LOL teach me to read ahead before hitting reply. LOL

Back