Pics from the southern nationals

Zoinks!

Registered
Went to the NHRA Southern Nationals today down at Atlanta Dragway. This was the 3rd time I'd been, but the first for my friend that went with me. Anyone who hasn't gone to an NHRA race really needs to. I could sit here and tell you all about it till I was blue in the face, but you will never understand the sheer amazement of sitting 65 feet away from 8000hp. Watching it on TV is nothing compared to being there. Your whole body doesn't shake and your hair doesn't stand up from the sound waves when you watch it on tv.... I took 101 pictures today, but I'm not gonna post nearly that many.

NHRA 013.jpg

NHRA 018.jpg

NHRA 019.jpg

NHRA 021.jpg

NHRA 023.jpg

NHRA 028.jpg

NHRA 029.jpg

NHRA 036.jpg

NHRA 072.jpg

NHRA 074.jpg

NHRA 038.jpg

NHRA 045.jpg

NHRA 049.jpg

NHRA 065.jpg

NHRA 066.jpg

NHRA 077.jpg

NHRA 078.jpg

NHRA 089.jpg

NHRA 090.jpg

NHRA 091.jpg

Here are a few short vids. Sorry the quality isn't very good. They were taken from the movie feature on a little point and shoot.

Last edited by a moderator:
man I love the sound that 8k hp is making, I can wait till this weekend coming up summer nats....woo hoo thanks for the pics and vids:thumbsup:

by the way just how tall is that rimz girl directing that funny car back to the line, geese....

Last edited:
no john force?

Well, first of all, John Force is a jerk. Sure he's a decent driver, but he's not a very good person. The only reason he's got so many fans is he gets a lot more exposure than anyone else. Just my :2cents: But yes, he's in the 5th picture.... He's doin his burnout.

by the way just how tall is that rimz girl directing that funny car back to the line, geese....

With those boots on? Probably around 6'. Those cars aren't very tall. The roof is at about my chest and I'm 6'1"

Back