Photos from the last Pashnit Ride

Tim as a friend I really like you but same as I feel about Sleepless_Red you folks are gonna make me go insane !

NO FAIR

Awesome pics , great friends riding thru again awesome parts of the country.
Whenever you wanna ride some long flat roads with zero scenery on them let me know :rofl:

Ps....what's all that white stuff on the ground ? :laugh:

Unbelievable! And to think all that fun is just over the hill from me! Well, Saturday ole Pacemaster and I are outta this cold weather wasteland, headin' west over hwy 50 for some warm weather and green scenery ridin'!! THANKS for sharing the ride with us!! :thumbsup:

I would sh!t a brick up there in the lighthouse!(heights). Beautiful photos..you really have an eye for things.

I'd love to do a tour over there w/you on the West Coast but I could never ride there!!

happy
sad
envyous
jealous
excited
and so much more. all at the same time

this site and your site and all your efforts are what keeps this beast in the foreground of good sportbiking. by this time next year i will be stationed in 29Palms, CA.. expect a visit from me and my baby for one of your tours...

thank for your pics... saving my pennies for a GOPRO. someday.

if you ride with that front tire looking like that.. my tires are going to last me til the dry root.

Those Avons are just getting broke in I see...

Great pics!!:bowdown:

Dan

Didn't post these yesterday, but if you like a bit of history, we always try and swing by a museum or place of historical nature while traveling with the tour groups.

DSC09484.jpg

DSC09485.jpg

DSC09488.jpg

DSC09489.jpg

DSC09490.jpg

DSC09492.jpg

DSC09495.jpg

DSC09497.jpg

DSC09480.jpg

DSC09484.jpg

DSC09485.jpg

DSC09488.jpg

DSC09489.jpg

DSC09490.jpg

DSC09492.jpg

DSC09495.jpg

DSC09497.jpg

DSC09480.jpg

Last two rides through here, I've been fortunate to have fellas with me that spoke and read a bit of Chinese, so they supplemented the docent's talk for us.
Always interesting to learn the local history when you're out riding.:thumbsup:

The Weaverville Joss House, a Taoist temple, is the oldest continuously used Chinese temple in California. On display are art objects, pictures, mining tools, and weapons used in the 1854 Tong War. This Taoist temple is still a place of worship and a fascinating look into the role played by Chinese immigrants in early California history. The Joss House was built in 1874 as a replacement for another that had burned.

In an effort to preserve this important part of California's Chinese tradition, the Weaverville Joss House became a part of the California State Park System in 1956. Many of the historical objects have been restored and the structure itself stabilized. In addition to the temple equipment, park visitors will see Chinese art objects, pictures, mining tools, and wrought iron weapons used in the 1854 Tong War.
The Chinese population of Weaverville started to decline after the 1850s, as gold ore became scarcer, and many left to work on railroad construction.

By 1931 only 16 were counted in town. In 1933 the Weaverville Chamber of Commerce went on record in support of making the Joss House a State Historic Park, but nothing came of the proposal for another 23 years. Without the efforts of Moon Lim Lee, the Weaverville Joss House probably would not have survived.

DSC09481.jpg

DSC09482.jpg

DSC09483.jpg

DSC09481.jpg

DSC09482.jpg

DSC09483.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am saving now for a trip to California to go on one of these Pashnit tours. I wonder how long it takes a Busa to get to California from Tennessee riding that is. Although riding a few thousand miles to go on a bike tour for another thousand miles then a few thousand back home wow thats a long time on a bike any bike. I could probably catch Sleepless Red in one trip:poke:

I am saving now for a trip to California to go on one of these Pashnit tours. I wonder how long it takes a Busa to get to California from Tennessee riding that is. Although riding a few thousand miles to go on a bike tour for another thousand miles then a few thousand back home wow thats a long time on a bike any bike. I could probably catch Sleepless Red in one trip:poke:

It takes 20 minutes.

==============================

Great stuff, Tim! Looks like everyone enjoyed themselves at the hands of a tour master.

:beerchug:

AWESOME!!!! as usual. :beerchug::thumbsup::bowdown::cheerleader::cheerleader:

We will be coming your way in July hope to meet up with some of you all. We won't have the bikes though

Back