Added another Busa to my stable...Big thanks to Broward Motorsports and Evan Cicero

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Well not really but I had an extra one overnight in the stable and Blanca made a new friend.
Russ Reddick aka Red1100cc all the way from Casper Wyoming after finishing his NCOM/Abate convention in Orlando on his way to the keys stopped by.
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gene...31146-casper-keys-back-travel-log-w-pics.html
It was about 2:30. We looked at his tires one of which still had plug in it .
So I call Broward motorsports and get a great price on some new Dunlop Q2s as well as an even better (15 bucks a piece) price to mount them.
Ask if they can get it done today and Evan in Service hooked us up.
"Bring it on in and we will take care of it"
Done in 1 hour ! Excellent and thank you very much.
Super duper hooter to Eden in parts, Evan Cicero in service and the service Mgr Mr Joe Sacco of Broward Motorsports of Palm Beach (their northern store).
Got him some fresh oil also as well as a super neat Hayabusa key chain.
Great place, just upset I didnt need anthing...:laugh:
Evan also found a steering neck fairing push pin and replaced it for Russ free of charge...! (and we all know how much those lil boogers are)
Anyone in Palm Beach county needing anything I highly recommend Broward Motorsports. Go in ask for Evan Cicero and relax.
They have Blancas Stamp of approval...:bowdown:

It was about 5:30 by the time we got home and I wasnt really comfy with patting Russ on the back and letting him hit US1 at night going south.
For those that dont know US1 is the ONLY road into and out of Keys.
Its two lanes, old fashioned and skinny.
At night most are heading north after being in sun all day , drinking all day and well its local daily news that someone got killed by a driver who veered over and that was that. Not gonna happen on my watch.
Also since on the way home it was a bad omen to have witnessed this:
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gene...131817-local-rider-down-wear-proper-gear.html
So I welcome the weary traveller into my tent , treat him like family and the wife made us an excellent turkey casserole.
Got Avatar on PPV , set him up with a bed, a shower and a place to call home for a night. Heck he even had WiFi !
After the movie we stayed up till 3am doing my favorite thing...rubbin magic motorcycles..
His bike was well should have stayed outside..yuck...but I pushed it inside put it up on stands and detailed the crap out of that thing for him.
Cleaned the chain, cleaned the bike, waxed the bike, replaced his broken front brake lever with my leftover one I had and he was all ready to hit the road in the morning to enjoy a nice ride to Key West and see the sights.
Like a Nascar pit stop he and he his bike were nice and refreshed and my mind is at ease since he left mid morn in broad daylight.

Heres the weary traveller..
RUSSREDDICK014.jpg

popped the tank and checked all things..
ps...notice fugly factory sticker on tank...
Now you see it...
RUSSREDDICK006-1.jpg

Now you dont....
He said I tried but gave up.
Well thats a challenge to me so it had to go.
My fingernail hurts a bit but man it looks alot better !
RUSSREDDICK003-1.jpg

Doing his part cleaning that nasty front wheel..
RUSSREDDICK011.jpg

Finished product....mmm...nice and ready to represent Wyoming when he gets to Key West.
RUSSREDDICK013.jpg

Morning pipe and some easy mental time..
RUSSREDDICK007.jpg

Loading up...
(and yes we even put a Schnitz Racing sticker on his fairing to cover up that lil boo boo)
RUSSREDDICK009.jpg

Cleaned and waxed, new tires, fresh oil&filter, new brake lever, cleaned and waxed chain...All good ta go !
RUSSREDDICK008-1.jpg

Hes pushing on to Key West today. I gave him addy for No Name pub for a great pizza and and ice cold thirst quencher.
Showed him where to go on old 7 mile bridge for observation and pics.

Russ it was great to meet you.
You are most welcome in my home and my spare room anytime....good peep you are.
I am happy to have helped you along your way.
Ride safe and keep that Hi-Beam on so Granny can see ya' !
I look forward to seeing your pics of the keys and hearing from you today to make sure all went well with your final leg down.
Stay in touch..

Re: Added another Busa to my stable...Big thanks to Broward Motorsports and Evan Cice

Awesome story!

Good on ya for giving him a place to stay the night :thumbsup:

Re: Added another Busa to my stable...Big thanks to Broward Motorsports and Evan Cice

Happy for him but just bummed I am swamped with work and could not push on down with him...
Man I am cravin a No Name Pizza...:banghead:

Thats awesome Blanca:thumbsup: way to look out for a fellow member :cheerleader:

Just got this pic via text.
Looks like hes making great time..
Now I'm sure hes gonna send me a pic of a pizza...:cry:​

KEY LARGO.JPG

That's VERY kind of you Saiid and represents well what the .org is all about!

You are the man Blanca!!! I have to get to Florida and hangout with you. The only problem is the long and boring !$$ ride across Texas on the I-10. Is your wife's cooking worth the ride? :laugh:

You are the man Blanca!!! I have to get to Florida and hangout with you. The only problem is the long and boring !$$ ride across Texas on the I-10. Is your wife's cooking worth the ride? :laugh:

Russ took a pic of the Turkey casserole Jerry made for him so wait maybe till tonight when he gets settled in a hotel in Key West I'm sure he will post em.
She also made him take 2 or 3 pics of her till he got one right and worthy of print.
She said your not gonna put a bad pic of me on "yighaboosa"
:rofl:

Y'all come Y'all come......
When you live in the country everyone is your neighbor on this one thing you can rely....:whistle:
Y'all come Y'all come.....
Bye and Bye.....yeeeeeeehawwwwwwwwwww !

Last edited:

Good on ya!

Russ you sure know how to make folks jealous..:poke:
Just got this pic from him.
HE MADE IT !
See marker in back.
Farthest point south in the USA....:cheerleader::beerchug:
ps...nice shine....!

KEY WEST MARKER.jpg

:thumbsup: Blanca. Southern hospitality at it's finest! Pat yourself on the back. Ya done good!:beerchug:

Great Job! :thumbsup:

:poke: ahh I-10 aint that bad. drug stops are lame but it aint that bad.
and YES her cooking is awesome!! real Cuban food. the pic doesn't do it justice. i was soo busy inhaling the awesome goodness the pic came out blurry.

:bowdown: thank you again for treating me (a total stranger) like family!:thumbsup:

gotta go do the duval crawl, and get something to eat. i'll post on "my" thread after i get back.

thanks to the org. thanks to Blanca. thanks to god. i am haveing soo much fun! livin life.

Russ (red1100cc) on the tour Buss (Bessie the cow lover).

oops, im havin such a good time i forgot to post the pic of dinner. my 1st home cooked meal in weeks.

westpalm to the keys 011.jpg

Russ I'm am so happy to hear and see you made it safe and sound !
Yes you must go do Duval street but be careful as many she's down there may actually be a he.....???
Don't matter how pretty she is if there's an Adams apple runnnnnnnnnnnnn !

Don't forget to have a cheesburger in Paradise at Buffetts Margaritaville and also a Margarita :cheerleader:

You are most welcome from both of us .
Now go have fun and later post up in your thread and tell all why you are now calling your bike the 'HayaMooosa'
???
:laugh:

ps......remember to post the right pic of the Cuban Dragon cuz if you don't she will flame you mang !

This is one those kind of things I read about earlier in another post by Captain talking about making the most of the site. These are the types of things that make it a brotherhood and more than just a bunch of forums. I hope to be able to show the same hospitality should someone ever find themselves in Iowa. Ur the man Blanca. Well done.

Way to go Blanca
e11250.gif
great reading about new friendships:thumbsup::beerchug:

Jeez, Saiid...you act like you're the only one who has ever hosted a traveler.

:whistle:

:laugh:

I mean...props to everyone who put me up...and why, when I was in Florida, didn't you come see me?

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/129517-tales-road-trip-travelogue.html

Scar next time..next time I'll ride up to Orlando to meet up.
But likewise you must promise to ride south to West Palm for dinner cooked by the famous Cuban Dragon !

Back