newtoy bmw s1krr!

sounds like your enjoying your new toy, good stuff.

I'm curious to see the results braided lines will have with ABS. I wonder if it will throw off the computer at all or just make it that much better.

The S1000RR has steel brake lines from the factory. Just hauled my friends back from Nashville last week. I smoked him bad on my busa this weekend...no contest...roll-ons...dead stop it didnt matter the busa is king. Well at least till he gets the 9k limiter turned off at the 600 mile service:laugh: This is one sweet ride, would love to have one along side the busa but would not give up the big girl for one.

How soon before BMW comes out with a S600RR? The 1000 is fine for the ego and all but really, who on this forum could ride it anywhere near its potential on the track....forget about the street? A 600 version would be something I would love to get my hands on for track days.

With the traction control system and ABS, you will probably get more out of this 1k than any other on the track. That was the point of BMW making the bike with so much power AND being able to actually use it. You can always dial the power back also until you hone your own skills. Even on the lowest setting it's around 140hp or so... :thumbsup:

The S1000RR has steel brake lines from the factory. Just hauled my friends back from Nashville last week. I smoked him bad on my busa this weekend...no contest...roll-ons...dead stop it didnt matter the busa is king. Well at least till he gets the 9k limiter turned off at the 600 mile service:laugh: This is one sweet ride, would love to have one along side the busa but would not give up the big girl for one.

cool, just read that they are stainless lines, they must be covered in a teflon hose since the stainless is not visable.

on the racing, I'll race ya, :D, no 9 k rev limiter on mine.

quality pics to follow tonight when I get off work.

cool, just read that they are stainless lines, they must be covered in a teflon hose since the stainless is not visable.

on the racing, I'll race ya, :D, no 9 k rev limiter on mine.

quality pics to follow tonight when I get off work.

Its on like donkey kong....as long as you leave it in rain mode:whistle:

I sat on that bike when it was still a virgin, have fun!

Oklahoma CVS's 006.jpg

Oklahoma CVS's 008.jpg

Oklahoma CVS's 009.jpg

okay here's a reader digest, 100 mile test run around town, highway and back roads(have a small area with a couple turns in okc, not many though:( )

ergos, getting on it originally I thought it would be a wrist wreaking headache after a couple hours, not the case. while there is a little more tension put on the wrists. I wouldn't say it was excessive, but it is more than the busa. The seating position was a little more upright but the legs are a little more crapped, I am 5'11" I noticed after about the 45 minute mark of riding. but nothing I won't adjust to as I ride more. the seat, plenty of room on the seat. it's definately not a busa seat, but its not completely unbareable, this to, I will get used too with time.

overall when you get on this bike it feels as nimble as a 600, really it feels like a 600 for manuverability. as for power..... it is sick.. the power comes on at 4k and does not stop till redline which is 14.2k RPM. the best way I can describe it is, it has the linear power curve of the busa, just more. anything above 7k, in any gear and the nose want to come up when you peg the throttle....
riding wise in the twisties, what we have here, the best way I can describe it is... natural..., never more have I felt on bike that where I looked is where this thing went. it is truely point and shoot. it goes where you look. unreal. it makes the average rider, me, look real good. and feel real good.

suspension, all sachs, fully adjustable, I haven't even messed with it yet preload, compression, or rebound. it is still on the factory settings. I think it is a little stiff for me since I am 165 pounds fully dressed out. on the ride, I definitely felt every bump on the road, not in a bad way, but I definitely felt what the bike was doing. which kinda ties to the metzler K3 tires, these are a real soft compound tire, I'll be lucky to get 2k out of em. they stick, adding to your confidence levels in all turns if you need to lean a little more they are there to take it all in. easily a track tire.

brakes. OH MY GOD... that's all I have to say about them. they are sick, sick, sick. the ABS is definitely something I will have to get used to. it feels weird having the lever pulse, but it does work. I can't imagine putting stainless brake lines on this thing will do to it.

I haven't really messed with getting the bike unstable enough to have the DTC kick in, but I'm sure it'll happen sooner than later. so no comment there.

the transmission.... wow, all I have to say is this this is like butter. every gear shift is so slight and so precise. I also have the gear shift assist. this works in once in gear, you do not need to touch the clutch lever, up or down shifts. shifting is aided in it cuts fuel for a microsecond as your shift simulating letting of the throttle. the sensor is on the shifter linkage. the shifts are seamless and almost air shifter like, that quick, i noticed about 500 rpm drop in shifts this way. *** this is a must have item on this bike! *** it is sweet. I am still training myself not to let off the gas as I pull gears. the slipper clutch on this thing is spot on!

temp wise this thing likes to run hot. if your in traffic it WILL warm up, QUICK, temps of 200-230 are not uncommon if you are sitting in traffic, on the highway and just local cruising the temp outside was 63 and the bike was sitting around 180-190 for most of the ride.

that's all I can think of for right now.
any negatives... not sure it is a negative, but it doesn't have a fuel gauge that I know of. just a fuel light when you are on reserve. which will get you around 30-40 miles. also recommended fuel is 89 octane. I thought it would be 91. but I guess not, at least according to the owners manual
I think this thing is rated at 38-40 mpg for those who care.

I would also have to say that to compare this to the busa is unfair, it is a different type ride. that's why I bought it and not a gen II busa or a ZX-14. I don't see a reason to have two of the same type ride. I wanted to have something different. the 1k bike is different.

Your comparison sounds very much like my 09 gsxr 1k purchase last year....less the electronics that you have on the bike. I am 5'8" 180 with gear! The 1k's vs. the busa Gen 2 are pretty close. The 09 1k makes power differently then the busa or past gsxr 1k's. The 09 has less bottom end then the 08 to 01 gsxr1k's . It starts pulling from 5k to redline! Not the 2k on up like past 1k's. Which is great for street riding! Had had an 02 1k...better streetbike motor. 08 gsxr 1k good street bike motor! The 09 1k more track focused! Top end is AWESOME! 8k to 13.5k it screams like a big 750! You sit more up right on the 09 1k then the busa. The busa felt more like my 02 gsxr 1k! Seating is around 45 min to 1 hour comfortable too....but not busa comfortable! It rides rougher then the busa too... track focused! Had to soften it up some to make for a better ride! Mileage on the street is mid 30's mpg. City highway 38-42mpg! Highway low to mid 40's! I did drop it one tooth on the front for a little bit better drive in the city!

Last edited:
update,with all the miles I have rode. on the highway at 80 mph, it averages- 42 mpg. in the city- 36. mixed city/higway- 38.

gas octane required is 89 octane.
stock meztler tires are VERY stick. mine are shot at 2500 miles.

I rode one 2 weeks ago here in Bentonville Ar. they are awesome bikes. :thumbsup:

Back