Why Can't America Build a Decent Bike ?

Here's a picture that my wife took at a Harley dealership the other day. Those crafty Chinese can make anything, including American legends! I particularly enjoyed the part where a salesman, we'll call him Skunk, tried to convince me the the 150hp (H-D actually claims 122hp) V-Rod Muscle would easily keep up with a Hayabusa. That made for a good laugh! :rofl::poke::rofl:

It's amazing how they can look strait into your eyes and lie.

Yeah but what if I am out in the Middle of Nowhere without Cell Phone Coverage........I live in the Woods Remember. Not Everyone out Here likes Brown People :laugh:

They're either lying or don't know any better, or believe it themselves. I had a '99 Yamaha FZR 600 it had a hellacious ticking that started once it warmed up. I could have sworn it was a rod bearing or piston slap or some type of valve-train issue. I opened it up and checked all the shims which were all within spec. Analyzed the oil at 500 mile increments, and even tried thicker oil for about 100 miles. Nothing worked, and every time I changed the oil on that thing, it was perfect, no metal in the filter, oil wasn't even black, nice and golden brown as I would typically expect from a healthy engine. I finally said to hell with it and ignored it and rode it hard. Never had a problem with it, but the ticking drove me crazy. LOL Till the day it was sold it still ticked and it never let me down and had plenty of power (for a 600). :whistle:

myfizzer1.jpg

myfizzer2.jpg

myfizzer3.jpg

fzr1.jpg

Back