Top clamp ???

Dozerdriver

Registered
I lowered the rear of my wifes 09 Busa and now I want to complete it with a top clamp. I don't like all those real fancy ones, just looking for a simple black one ( any pics would be great ). I would love some advice on the installing of the clamp too. Here is hers with the rear lowered...

1001091346.jpg

I've had two and installed a bunch of different ones.

I like the Spencer cycle one pretty well. No contact of the levers to the front trim panel either.

Whats the easiest way to install the clamp? I know you have to loosen the fork clamps and slide the fork up. Whats the best way to support the bike from dropping down...if it drops fast?

jack it up by the exhaust while its on the rearstand, then loosen it all up and swap out what your replacing, then lower to desired height, jack back up to remove weight and tighten back up. is how i did mine.

Last edited:
Get the Black Soupys lowering block, I have one on mine and you cant even tell its there, it blends right in and looks factory.

I can't get a Soupy's or the spacers as much as I like the design because of the GPR stabilizer being there and the spacer would bring it up past the mount the tab needs to sit in.

Has anyone just honed out the top clamp a bit so the forks can slide a bit futher up? (edit nevermind, don't think it can happen because of where the handlebars run on the stock upper)

That RSD piece looks good, but again, doesn't provide the mounting holes for the stabilizer.

Last edited:
I can't get a Soupy's or the spacers as much as I like the design because of the GPR stabilizer being there and the spacer would bring it up past the mount the tab needs to sit in.

Has anyone just honed out the top clamp a bit so the forks can slide a bit futher up? (edit nevermind, don't think it can happen because of where the handlebars run on the stock upper)

That RSD piece looks good, but again, doesn't provide the mounting holes for the stabilizer.

i think if you really wanted to you could drill the neccesary holes for it. wouldnt take much

i recomend the spencer top triple, i got it on the 2010 and the levers don't touch the panels, but tomorrow i will be instaling my pazzo's and hope that it will stay teh same way. that white bike looks nice

board 6.JPG

In the other thread, they are saying the Spencer Cycle one doesn't hit.

I haven't tried that one but have yet to find any others that don't hit so proceed with caution.

riccoh,

What are you doing to your bike?

did the HID's(DDM), switchback mod, kickstand(spencer), podwer coding rearsets, top tripple change out(spencer), pazzo levers, hotbodies shorty pipes, white gator skin tobin seats, removing rear fender and zero gravity double bubble wind screen for now... i like the color match wheels to the decals so I'm keeping that for know but maybe will add the black chrome wheels in a few weeks...
also looking at the set of slip ons that might replace the shorty pipes...
i guess i can add pictures when i get her back together:whistle:

Gretz,Dozerdriver
Here is a couple of pics of my top clamp on my 09 busa.
Pics could be better but it gives you an idea of what is out there.
I liked the smooth look ie. hiding the stem nut.With it lowered the front brake lever does hit lightly.
(same as your wife's ride white is da fastest lmao...lol...)

triptree1.jpg

triptree2.jpg

ive got the brocks on my 09 and it hits the front brake and i hate it,i dont see how they let these companies sell them like that because its a driving accident waiting to happen.maybe someone should report this to the division of motor vehicle safety commision and we can all get new tripples for free seriously.

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

Robby Moto triple tree

pretty wicked looking clamp there. Looks like you have some play with the bars. Can you change the angle.

I used a couple that looked ok then installed new levers and they hit. Dropped the bike when the brake lever hit once. Installed a roarin toyz brand. it has enough angle in the bars that the pazzo levers dont hit. Nice to not worry about the left hand turns.

I'm also looking for a triple tree, and I've been doing a lot of research. Check out Pit-eck.com. They have an after market triple tree for only $89.00 and it looks great.

Back