New tool review..........

aussiekeeper

Registered
I purchased a chain alignment tool and wanted to give a brief description as to its purpose and how to use it.
The company is Pro-Lux and they have machined a chain alignment tool that is easy to use and gets it done perfectly without any fooling around.
The kit comes with rods, cones, alignment bar with an adjustable spool.
Simply slide a stainless rod into both the swingarm hollow hinge and one into the hollow axle. Snug up with the cones and tighten the allen screws. Adjust your chain to the desired slack and set the alignment bar onto the rods. Adjust the spool to rest centered onto the rear rod and lock down the spool so it is centered on the rear rod.
Take the alignment bar to the right side and set it onto the rods. Adjust the right side axle so the spool rests centered on the rear rod. The chain is now centered and running true. Very easy to use and the operation can be done standing, no tape measures, calipers needed. The USPS shipping tube is also sturdy enough to be re-used as the tool storage container.
Pictures to follow.......................

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

What, you don't trust the soft aluminum blocks and hash marks?:laugh: That's cool though, let us know how far off the factory marks really are.

Can't you just use a dial caliper on the ends of swingarm as I have read in other posts here ?
Being as I am I would like things to be perfectly straight so why not use the caliper ?

Just got mine today, haven't even opened up the tube yet.

New set of tires just arrived too. :thumbsup:

Where do you get them at? ??? Never mind it came up as I was typing.

It's not on their website right now. Email them at the address that Pashnit posted.

Yea. Still, for what it is, it still seems way overpriced to me. A few machined aluminum pieces and some steel rod for $100+. I think I'll pick up the Motion Pro one for $25 shipped...

Back