Shopping for seats

Shaft

Registered
Hey guys, I do alot of travel on my busa. I do alot of 2 up travel too.

I need to get a set of seats, I need both seats.

Any recommendations? Value? Comfort?

Anything I have found is just for the rider only. I'm looking for both rider and passenger as a set.

Thanks in advance!

Corbin, Tobin/New Image, Gel

every post past this point will probably say one of those.

Corbin, check out their website, they have passenger seats and backrests too. I've had them on several bikes and think they're the best. I had a gel seat, the Corbin is so much more comfortable. Like all seats they take a while to break in, but they really mold to fit you. They will also shave them down when you order if you want to sit a little lower. You can get them in several colors(not all shown on the website) and if you get the carbon pattern on top, it has some grip to keep you from sliding. Also you can get them without the piping(the trim that seperates the top and side material) as this can cut into your legs. And you don't have to send in your seat.
Some folks like the Tobin seats too, they're good, but not for everyone. As you can't slide all the way back in the seat due to the hump where they cut the front of the seat down.

I went with the Corbin rear seat with the backrest and both the wife and I are extremely happy with that decision. Her comfort, and security are priceless in my book. It has made the 2up riding experience for her that much better. Thus making it all the more pleasurable for moi. Well made and well worth the $$$$ spent on it. I am one of those weirdo's who like the stock seat on the Suzuki, they just have always worked for me. My only gripe is that the 2 do not match now, who gives a flying rats patootie, I'm over it as it really was never that important nor an issue to begin with. Hope that helps, best of luck finding what you want/need.

IMG_0817.jpg

IMG_0818.jpg

Last edited:
A set of Corbin front and rear with backrest just arrived at my house today. I am very happy with the build quality and excited to get some seat time on them to break them in. The stock Suzuki seat would hurt after about an hour of riding and I was not happy with that. The big selling point for the Corbin for me was the backrest for my wife. The seat comfort is a bonus to the fact that she will be safe leaning back a bit.

The cost is rather high, but they have a 10% military discount if you have any association with the military.

Tobin/new image all the way!! Haven't tried corbin so i don't have any comparison, but i love my new image seats, very comfortable.

I have found the stock seats to pretty comfortable, though dull to look at. Bought some seat skins to liven them up a bit. I do alot of 2 up riding and the other half finds it comfortable too. Albeit after and hour or so the bum does get a little sore.:beerchug:

DSC00970.JPG

Wow Absolutley amazing feedback!! Thank you all soo much! And thanks for the posting of the pics! I'm sure my wife will love those Corbin seats with the back rest. I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on that today.

How much did you guys toss for it? And where did you all order from?

thanks again.

Cheeferman, I forgot to ask, does the stock grab bar still bolt up with the rear seat&backrest?

Jasper, where did you get your tank cover? My bike is grey silver in color and am looking for one of those covers that matches my paint. yours matches perfectly. thats what I'm looking for.

Corbin.com, the driver seat is $289 shipped, the passenger is about the same, and the backrest is extra.

Does anyone have contact information for ordering Tobin seats as well?

I couldn't find anyting.

Does anyone have contact information for ordering Tobin seats as well?

I couldn't find anyting.

GreenBean has an 08 and said yesterday he wants to sell his Tobins(rider and passenger)so he can buy a Corbin. Maybe you can work something out with him if you go the Tobin route. He said they are comfortable, but he's 6'4" and wants to be able to slide all the way back in the seat. Just a thought.

Excellent info!!! I'm ordering one tomorrow. As soon as my girl saw it, it was a done deal. Had no idea there was a back rest for a 'busa.

Jasper, where did you get your tank cover? My bike is grey silver in color and am looking for one of those covers that matches my paint. yours matches perfectly. thats what I'm looking for.

Shaft, got to Bagster. Look under tank protectors. They have them in different colours so should be able to sort you out with one. I do a lot of touring and the tank cover is a godsend. It looks good and you can either use the bagster tank luggage, that just clips on or you can use the magnetic tank bags, safe in the knowledge that the tank is protected from any minor scratches.
:thumbsup:

holy snap, corbin is expensive. would love to get both saddles but its too hard on my pocket. I think i'm just gonna splurg for the wife for now and get her bum nice and comfy! gotta keep those cheeks in order! :moon: bahahaha.

is there much of a comparison between the suzuki gel seat and the corbin seat for the rider?

Jasper, I checked that site, they do have it listed for my colors.. but I wasn't able to order from them, looks like through other dealers. who did u go through and how much for just the tank cover?

Back