The best wax out there?

I have one reservation about using Pledge. Back in the 80's alot of bass boat owners discovered the shine it put on gelcoat. But the guys running white boats started having issues with the clearcoat starting to turn yellow after a couple years. Guess it took alot of polish and elbow grease to remove it. Might want to polish it to strip off the old wax once in a while if you have a white bike.

Red your image is not showing up here you go this can be had at Lowes I love it thanks again Red :thumbsup:
31S1QN23HCL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Amazon.com: DuPont Performance Lubricants - Multi-Use Lubricant with DuPont Teflon Fluoropolymer, 11 oz Aerosol Spray (D00110101): Automotive

So this is all you guys use on your chain? I been using chain wax but get tired of having to clean it before spraying a new coat so chain looks clean. I hate a dirty looking chain/

So this is all you guys use on your chain? I been using chain wax but get tired of having to clean it before spraying a new coat so chain looks clean. I hate a dirty looking chain/

Try it! You'll be amazed how much cleaner the chain and bike stay. :thumbsup:

I use more polish than wax, I normally polish mine 3-4 times a riding season and use carnuba wax once or twice.

I have used Mothers, Meguirs, Zymol (friend of mine bought this, I would not pay that much) and numerous others. I have used the paste, liquid, and the spray on versions. All have worked very well and I got really great results from all of these. So I normally use every which one is on sell at the time.

I have never had none of these out really out perform the other enough to be name brand loyal in the wax department. I use armor all or son-of-a-gun on the dash board around my gauges (every which one is on sell).

Family owns a really good automotive shop - So I get to hose her off and blow her dry - as often as needed. Lots of filters and I do not let the air blow at full pressure.

Yes, it is. I'm sick of trying to keep the wheels and the things around the chain clean, too. If you want to keep your wheels and chain looking like mine, switch now.:beerchug:
I still have cans of Motul and Maxima chain lubes and I just stopped using them. They're not worth it. Just my 2cents.
Here's what my chain looks like after more than 3,000 miles on it.
In this picture, the chain has not been cleaned for more than 400 miles. 300+ miles yesterday and about 150 miles this morning. I took this pic in the middle of the ride, too.
4567992650_1e29e31b44_b.jpg

Thanks Red. I will be getting it this weekend.

Buy two cans of it like I did.:laugh:

By the way, I can't recall who started using it first but he's a member here. I just tried it because of what he said about it. I give him credit for it. For me, it was perfect timing because I bought 2 cans of it just in time when I got the wheels and chain put on.

To the guy who recommended it.....Thank you very much.:beerchug::beerchug::beerchug:

I use that blue stuff that's made out of coconut oil...can't remember the name. Smells so goood

I detailed and owned a detailing biz here in Florida for many yrs.

For a new to newer bike no matter the brand do not use 'cleaner wax'.
These will have fine particles in them such as silicates which will scratch your paint.
A nice carnauba or polymer that is silicate free will work fine.

I used Meguiars for many yrs.
On high end cars and planes we used to use a product called Zymol.
Its a german polish that works, expensive but it works great.
zymol_titanium_estate_glaze.jpg

For Blanca I have been using a simple quality wax from Meguiars but last week I found an old can of Pledge and decided to give Sleepr_reds method a try.
More than a week later , after approx 500 miles the bike is still slippery smooth, still has a scent of Orange :laugh: and feels very protected. By that I mean the paint feels 'round' and not flat. You can still 'feel' the polish on it doing its job.
Some waxses,cleaners or others will wear right off quick.
A week later or so dragging fingers across results in squeeking and not a butter smooth glide.
They also have a very flat feel to them when its gone.

And yes Tufbusa I know its flammable but I am not spraying it on the bike in large liquid quantities and starting it up nor am I lighting anything near it so I really dont see the concern of using flammable polish ?
Unless I am missing your point ?

WOW...I googled some Zymol stuff...that concours version is $175 a jar
(8 oz I think)

rodi_2104_815067016.gif

Here's a fairly objective test between NXT and Zymol...intersting read...

NXT vs. Zymol Titanium-A test! [Archive] - Car Care Forums: Meguiar's Online

:thumbsup:
Yes, it is. I'm sick of trying to keep the wheels and the things around the chain clean, too. If you want to keep your wheels and chain looking like mine, switch now.:beerchug:
I still have cans of Motul and Maxima chain lubes and I just stopped using them. They're not worth it. Just my 2cents.
In this picture, the chain has not been cleaned for more than 400 miles. 300+ miles yesterday and about 150 miles this morning. I took this pic in the middle of the ride, too.

you really could eat off of that, dang that thing is clean...:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I wanna know where you get the dustless brake pads. :lol:

200 mile ride and my wheels look like the've been through a coal mine.

Last edited:

Just to clairify...you use the teflon spray on the chain and drive gear and
pledge on the wheels...or pledge the wheels and then teflon spray them with
the drive assembly?

Looks great...I clean the crap outa my wheels and 20 miles later it's coal mine
time again...

Ok I got the Teflon spray. Can is alittle different but I think its the same.Correct me if wrong. Cleaned both bikes with pledge and looks great. One word of caution. When cleaning chain turn twoards front of bike and keep FINGERS out of way. Yeh was in a hurry and paid for it. Broken nail and less skin on finger tip.(OUCH)

dupont.jpg

dupont1.jpg

Just to clairify...you use the teflon spray on the chain and drive gear and
pledge on the wheels...or pledge the wheels and then teflon spray them with
the drive assembly?

Looks great...I clean the crap outa my wheels and 20 miles later it's coal mine
time again...

I only use the Dupont on the chain. While on a stand with the engine OFF, I spray the chain 3-4 links at a time. Make sure you hold a shop towel on the other side of the chain so you don't spray it all over the place. Also, wipe off the excess right after you spray. By the way, make sure you do this after riding so that the chain's still warm.

You can go either way. It doesn't matter which one you want to do first. Chain or wheels.
Since I have extra time, here she is again just for fun. Again, I only use two things to get this result. Dupont and Pledge.
4520721519_0381767fc8_b.jpg

4520723629_5ac1264468_b.jpg

4520725625_0691313622_b.jpg

4521364624_efaa19d9bc_b.jpg

4520730485_8fa7b0eb8b_b.jpg

Ok I got the Teflon spray. Can is alittle different but I think its the same.Correct me if wrong. Cleaned both bikes with pledge and looks great. One word of caution. When cleaning chain turn twoards front of bike and keep FINGERS out of way. Yeh was in a hurry and paid for it. Broken nail and less skin on finger tip.(OUCH)

That's the exact same one, slngshott. You got it.:beerchug:

Just be careful next time. That's something you DO NOT want to rush.

Yeh stupid mistake. Bike was on stands and off. I was wiping chain while turning tire with other hand.I turned tire to fast with other hand and pulled rag into sprocket and finger. I should have not turned that direction but what is done is done. Just cleaning it since I cant ride it with my knee. I cant hardly bend it that far yet.Thanks again for app the info. It all works great.

I use Honda Polish for the body and WD40 for my titanium exhaust.

I just ordered 2 cans of that Dupont teflon spray for the chain. Previous owner let that thing go and has been a pita trying to clean all that stuff.

The detail guy at the Lexus dealership uses the clay bar on some cars, says it take all the impurity,s out of the paint, but I,v never used it myself. All I use is Mguiers.

deal,s gap 10-7-07 015.jpg

Back