Busa for a track day? Need some opinions.

Lola

Registered
Hi all,

Would love some opinions on how the Busa feels on the track compared to other sportbikes.

I have previously taken my GSXR 750 out on the track. It feels great and light. I am now riding the Busa and some of my friends who do track days are telling me, "The Busa won't be as fun or as easy to handle" or " Nobody take those out on the track"

I personally think it would good for me to try the busa on the track. I learned so much from taking the 750 out. I found after my sessions that I knew the bike so much better, and what it was more capable of. And it was a ton of fun! :thumbsup:

Im sure SteveO will chime in but from what I am told. It is not as easy to handle but is fun and people do take them to the track.

Take it out for a spin :thumbsup:

I've done a track day with mine, getting ready to do another next month.
May be a little more effort to throw a Busa around compared to a 600 or 750, but it's still just as much fun.
It's a track day, ride what you have and learn to ride it better.:thumbsup:

I've done a track day with mine, getting ready to do another next month.
May be a little more effort to throw a Busa around compared to a 600 or 750, but it's still just as much fun.
It's a track day, ride what you have and learn to ride it better.:thumbsup:

That's some pretty good advice, there!:thumbsup:
Been thinking of a track day myself.
Bubba

I would think that it would also depend on what track you were taking it to. Take it to a wide open track with lots of sweeping corners and long straights and the Busa would be a blast but take it to a circuit with a lot of tight twisty slow corners and it would require a lot more work.....still fun but more effort involved. Either way, give it a go, what do you have to lose?

I would think that it would also depend on what track you were taking it to. Take it to a wide open track with lots of sweeping corners and long straights and the Busa would be a blast but take it to a circuit with a lot of tight twisty slow corners and it would require a lot more work.....still fun but more effort involved. Either way, give it a go, what do you have to lose?

Nothing to lose, More to learn! :thumbsup:

Just have to ignore those nay sayers!

Ask your self this question, Have the nay sayers taken a busa to a track day or even ridden a busa? if the answer is no then how do they have any standing to know. It comes under the heading of spouting what others have said and taking it for truth.

Also you will see a lot of our members have pic of them at the track in their signatures. It may take a day due to a lot of the members are at the busa bash right now but they will chime in with some helpfull advice.

Hell yes, do it and learn some of your bike's capabilities.

knee2.jpg

A Busa on the track will wear you our faster than a smaller bike. I'm not concerned about being the fastest bike on the track, I'm there to have fun. I agree with bazooki about what track you take it to. A short tight track would be more work than fun in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a blast on my busa at track days. Get your braking done before you set it up for a corner. Accelerate out of the corner. Also, make sure you set up the suspension, it makes all the difference in the world. Me and Hillbilly Tom at the last track day at Heartland Park in the rain.:thumbsup:

100_0584 (Medium).jpg

100_0577 (Medium).jpg

If your busa is your everyday rider, by all means that that heifer to the track and spank her like a two dollar *****! She may be big, fat and a bit slower than the skinny chicks but she is just as much fun!

Your busa is just as easy to ride at the track as the smaller bikes until you start making her earn her keep. The faster you go, the more energy it takes to toss the fat chick around. And it will wear your arse out early. Drink lots of water and don't let the sweat bother you!

Enjoy the big girl! A track day or two will strengthen the bond between you! :beerchug:

The busa handles pretty well, do yourself a favor thou. Put a good set of track tires on, and put a 190-55-17 on the rear, makes it steer lighter and quicker.:thumbsup:

Me and Hillbilly Tom at the last track day at Heartland Park in the rain.:thumbsup:

Whoo, that was a mess.:laugh:
I've never had a bike slide, bounce, and wiggle around so much in my life. What started out in the first 2 sessions as "moments", became standard, expected, protocol in the latter sessions.
BT-016s don't make very good rain tires I found.

Having done 8 or 9 track days with my Busa I'd like to agree and follow up on what Tuf says.....don't pretend you are riding a 750 or a literbike. Learn and focus on your Hayabusa and what she does as you and the track exert forces upon her. Learn her personality, what she likes and what she dislikes. As I ride hot laps now, I ride WITH my motorcycle and gently keep it in the realm of its capabilities. To me, that's what riding fast does....it exposes you to the best the Hayabusa has to offer, it will please some at 70 mph and others at 160 mph....it always seems happy to stay with you at your skill level. The Hayabusa will tell you when YOU are riding too fast for your abilities (ones abilities includes the mistake of not setting your bike up properly for what you ask her to do). I refer to my Busa as a "her" because it really is about the relationship you develop with your motorcycle, it is personification of a mechanical object.
I see high performance track riding as the Busa "allowing" me to take her out, similar to an exotic racehorse. It is an honor to be on her and if a mistake is made, it's my fault, never hers.
Raydog

MF1A3618.JPG

MF1A9515.JPG

P1020692.JPG

MF1A1348.JPG

P1020668.JPG

Yup, there are a bunch of us that ride the big B at the track. I used to ride mine but I switched to a 600 because I found it to be a bit more fun and didn't have to mess with taping/unplugging anything everytime I go to the track. I'm also looking into getting into racing...and thats a whole other game there.

Take your busa to the track...make sure you run the right pressure in your tires (not what you ride on the street with)..get your suspension set (default is for like a 160lb rider or close to that)...and HAVE A BLAST! :cheerleader:

If your busa is your everyday rider, by all means that that heifer to the track and spank her like a two dollar *****! She may be big, fat and a bit slower than the skinny chicks but she is just as much fun!

Your busa is just as easy to ride at the track as the smaller bikes until you start making her earn her keep. The faster you go, the more energy it takes to toss the fat chick around. And it will wear your arse out early. Drink lots of water and don't let the sweat bother you!

Enjoy the big girl! A track day or two will strengthen the bond between you! :beerchug:

i LOL'd

......Then I loled some more

Tufbusa you are hilarious! :laugh:

Thanks so much for all the input! I'll take her out for my first track (on her) in about a month. I just joined this site recently and noticed all the pictures of you and your Haybusa's on the track. :thumbsup:

Around my parts alot of people are not as supportive of me taking her out on the track. Maybe because I am a girl.....who knows.:laugh: Thanks again all!

Back