6 States, some twice, and 1,700 miles in 4 days

BusaWhipped

Donating Member
Registered
I debated about posting this becasue of some of the haters on the org. If you don't like Harleys hit your back button now and don't return.

6 States, some twice, and 1,700 miles in 4 days. My thanks to Tim for sharing his adventure of getting a new bike with me. Thanks to Acehole for putting up with me...errr...putting me up for a night. It was a pleasure to meet his family. It was great seeing the New Hampshire gang; The Grumpies and Anastasia, and GIXERHP and Nicole along the way.

I left home on Thursday to meet up with Tim in Mason City Iowa. Stopped in Mount Pleasant and Waverly Iowa to feed Luci. The weather was beautiful up toi Waverly, but it poured down rain with strong winds between Waverly and Mason City.

DSCI0002.jpg

IMG_0147.JPG

IMG_0148.JPG

IMG_0149.JPG

IMG_0150.JPG

Friday morning Tim picked up his new Harley. I love the excitement that comes with getting a new bike :thumbsup: We hit the road Friday morning and made it to Danville, IL by Friday night.

DSCI0003.jpg

DSCI0005.jpg

DSCI0008.jpg

DSCI0011.jpg

DSCI0013.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Saturday we rode to Dayton Ohio where we split ways. Tim continued east to Maryland and home. I turned south headed to Acehole's place. Luci was teling her own tale of the trip. The New Hampshire crew arrived on Sunday morning. I thought Luci would be safe in Acehole's garage, but you can't hide from GIXERTP :laugh: A quick fork swap On Acehole's bike and off to the Bash we go. Well all except me. When we hit Kentucky, The gang headed east to the Bash and I headed west to home. Not without stopping at the Waffle House for some grub. Wasn't the same riding 1200 miles to eat at a Waffle House without semi. 500 miles later I pulled into the garage.

The Journey

IMG_0152.JPG

IMG_0153.JPG

IMG_0154.JPG

IMG_0155.JPG

IMG_0156.JPG

Holy Toledo!!! I get tired after a 200 mile round trip ride to San Rafael from Sacramento. How do you deal with the knee pain? And if I have to lane split like on stupid-crowded I.80 on Fridays, my right shin burns up.

Never thought I was a wimp, but, man, I'm impressed by your determination! :- )

Last edited:
Holy Toledo!!! I get tired after a 200 mile round trip ride to San Rafael from Sacramento. How do you deal with the knee pain? And if I have to lane split like on stupid-crowded I.80 on Fridays, my right shin burns up.

Never thought I was a wimp, but, man, I'm impressed by your determination! :- )

I think the last picture in the first post says it all :) (Look just below the licence plate).

Aw hold on a minute.
Not a pic of me and him, just him passing by in driveway with a really old motorola cell phone .
Let me find it and scan it......
:whistle:

BW must like torturing Blanca.....its easier to find in my mind....!

Anyway..
Circa 1988.
Greenwich Ct.

I'm 18. Have a friend whos 25. His father owned Norwalk Honda Yamaha.
George Thorogood was a customer there and got along with Kelly.
Have no idea why he owned a house in Greenwich but Kelly used to go there sometimes when he was in town.

My 88 Trans Am with Supertrapps parked in front of his house .
Scan_Pic0001.jpg

Driveway full of spent $ and vehicles
Scan_Pic0002.jpg

Dirty azz pool in backyard where pool parties I heard about happened.
Scan_Pic0003.jpg

Deck where he performed small private party shows I heard about but never got invited to.
Scan_Pic0007.jpg

And George himself with his OG Motorola cell phone looking at Kelly wondering WTF this 18yr old kid is doing at his house. :laugh:
Scan_Pic0004.jpg

Love them Pennyloafers and white socks dont ya George !
How many times have you seen him in concert wearing same.
I think he slept with them on ?

Last edited:
Always a pleasure to seeu denis. Hope u make it to the Midwest meet and greet.

BW, I'm 5'7", the same size as the Japanese designers and testers of the Hayabusa. The bike fits me fine, although the knees go after a while -- I'm 64.

In your pictures, you appear to be pretty good size. I have no idea how you can stand being all balled up on the bike for so many miles, unless you are living on Tylanol! :- )

Last edited:
I love it Dennis, I wish I could get the time off to travel like you do.. Awesome thanks for sharin.. I envy you.. :bowdown:

I love it Dennis, I wish I could get the time off to travel like you do.. Awesome thanks for sharin.. I envy you.. :bowdown:

You travel alot more than I do. You just do it with more wheels :laugh: I would like to hear some of your travel stories.

BW, I'm 5'7", the same size as the Japanese designers and testers of the Hayabusa. The bike fits me fine, although the knees go after a while -- I'm 64.

In your pictures, you appear to be pretty good size. I have no idea how you can stand being all balled up on the bike for so many miles, unless you are living on Tylanol! :- )

yeah, I'm 6'3" 255#. No tylanol since I'm still a young pup of 45 :laugh: I have TL1000 pegs which give a little more leg room. The GenMar riser puts me back at stock riding position since the rear of the bike is raised.

And George himself with his OG Motorola cell phone looking at Kelly wondering WTF this 18yr old kid is doing at his house. :laugh:
Scan_Pic0004.jpg

Love them Pennyloafers and white socks dont ya George !
How many times have you seen him in concert wearing same.
I think he slept with them on ?

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back