Last Minute Decision to Ride... (Updated w/Pix)

Scar

Seasoned Pilot
Donating Member
Registered
Well, I heard on the news last night that it's...

National Parks Week

...and because of that, all of the National Parks in Arizona are going to waive their entrance fees.

So, I called up Jason (BigGuy) to repeat our early March trek to the GC, but alas...he can't go.

I've decided to just do the deal myself. It's something to the tune of just more than 500 miles round trip.

I'll take a couple of pix to share...:beerchug:

Have a good day, ya'llz.

I guess I should add that if anyone wants to head out with me...you're certainly welcome...:whistle:...will probably leave by 8:30 or so.

Last edited:
The Canyon is one of several places out west I'd like to visit. In the mean time ... let's see some pics there mister!! :woot:

Okay...so when I left this morning it was a little toasty here in Phoenix...but I knew it'd be only 65F when I got up to Flagstaff and beyond.

When I stopped for gas in Flagstaff, I met a guy at the gas station who owns an CBR1000RR. He invited me to come ride with he and his friends up there. I'm going. According to him...they have some worthwhile roads up thataway.

He gave me his phone number and in the next couple of weeks, I'm going to do a weekender up there.

:cheerleader: I can't tell you how excited I am about that...

Here are a couple of pix from the trek northward...

On the Way 1.jpg

On the Way 2.jpg

On the Way 3.jpg

On the Way 4.jpg

I took a bunch of pix of the canyon...and asked some kind travelers to snap a pic or two of me along the way.

While I was there, I met some really cool Canadians (from Ontario) who were on a major tour of the US.

We rode the rest of the way out of the park together and went our separate ways at the junction of Hwy 64 and Hwy 89. They went North...and I headed South, back to Phoenix.

Jim (the bald one) was very taken by Wasabi. I know he wants one.

Both of them were riding Suzuki V-Strom 650's...

New Canadian Friends 1.jpg

Scar at the Canyon 1.jpg

New Canadian Friends 2.jpg

Scar at the Canyon 2.jpg

New Canadian Friends 3.jpg

Last edited:
Then, I took a bunch more pix of the canyon...

First, a bunch of Wasabi...

It was a great day.

Scar at the Canyon 3.jpg

Wasabi at the Canyon 1.jpg

Wasabi at the Canyon 2.jpg

Wasabi at the Canyon 3.jpg

Wasabi at the Canyon 4.jpg

Apparently the hybrid (weird-o) wasp really enjoyed some Wasabi, as well. Kinda freaky looking.

It was kinda buggin' me. :poke:

In the 2nd pic...I think he was telling me how impressed he was with the obvious lack of chicken strips.

:rofl:

A Bizarre Bug 1.jpg

A Bizarre Bug 2.jpg

Now, for some serious Canyon pix.

Enjoy, ya'llz. I hope you had as great a day as I did.:cheerleader:

:beerchug:

The Canyon 1.jpg

The Canyon 2.jpg

The Canyon 3.jpg

The Canyon 4.jpg

The Canyon 5.jpg

...and I think this is it...

:whistle:

PS: There is still snow at the Canyon...the elevation on the North Rim is about 7,400'

The Canyon 12.jpg

The Canyon 13.jpg

The Canyon 14.jpg

The Canyon 9 (snow).jpg

Back