Modifications to a 2010 Ninja 250R

I got my wife one a few weeks back and the only thing i could find are exhausts and jet kits. It was a fun bike on the back roads..very nimble. Scared the hell out of me on the interstate though being so light after used to the busa.

She loves the bike and her friend has been riding for years on a 250 and loves it. She has no desire to "move up" either. If you find other things throw it up on here as the wife could use some ideas. A friend in Cali has been saying that the guys have been getting 250's and building them up into MotoGP like bikes for track days....not sure what that would entail though.

I got my wife one a few weeks back and the only thing i could find are exhausts and jet kits. It was a fun bike on the back roads..very nimble. Scared the hell out of me on the interstate though being so light after used to the busa.

She loves the bike and her friend has been riding for years on a 250 and loves it. She has no desire to "move up" either. If you find other things throw it up on here as the wife could use some ideas. A friend in Cali has been saying that the guys have been getting 250's and building them up into MotoGP like bikes for track days....not sure what that would entail though.

Thanks for sharing... and I will definitely post up any mods we do when I get it. :D

Here is what has been decided:

16-41 Sprockets
Pazzo Levers
Fender eliminator kit (Not the integrated turn signals she doesn't like the look)
Rear Tire RX-01 RR 150/70-17 stock is 130/70-17

Exhaust will either be CT SERIES FULL SYSTEM or ALIEN HEAD FULL SYSTEM BLACK
Dynojet Power Commander V No. 17-001
DYnojet Jet Kit 2193

My wife was looking into buying this bike. After test riding one, she said the best Mod you could do, would be to Replace the "2" with a "6". Sorry bro, just her opinion.
Bubba

Hi Jack, good chatting with you on the phone today. :agree:

Pazzos are always popular items & available for the new baby Ninja.
:easy: Pazzo Racing Levers $179 - FREE Shipping + $10 Engraving | PashnitMoto.com

As mentioned on the phone, SuperSprox does make a 41 tooth sprocket for the rear of the bike and lists a range from 39 tooth all way on up to a 55 tooth sprocket for the bike.

I wasn't sure about the front, but they do have a part number for the front (Part no. 1539 - 14 teeth stock). If you want to pursue that, we can dig deeper on sprocket availability with them.

Well I rode that thing home yesterday 61 miles @ 4-5K on the tach. It wasn't as bad as I expected. I read an article this am written by Pashnit. I tend to think what he said it this bike through & through. 700 Miles on a Kawasaki Ninja 250 - A motorcyclist's review - Page 6 - Pashnit Motorcycle Forum.
As Tim said it isn't a Busa but @ 14K it holds it own.

Always been a little surprised at the response to this article I wrote about the Ninja 250.

It's developed into the most viewed thread on the Pashnit Forum & even listed on Wikipedia awhile back. :laugh: Nearing 400,000 people have read it.

700 Miles on a Kawasaki Ninja 250 - A Motorcyclist's Review

155_5570-Hwy1.jpg

155_5597-ninja.jpg

Hwy1-ninja1.jpg

156_5659.jpg

SLO-ninja5.jpg

Hwy1-ninja3.jpg

SLO-ninja4.jpg

156_5640-ninja.jpg

155_5570-Hwy1.jpg

155_5597-ninja.jpg

Hwy1-ninja1.jpg

156_5659.jpg

SLO-ninja5.jpg

Hwy1-ninja3.jpg

SLO-ninja4.jpg

156_5640-ninja.jpg

Hi Jack, good chatting with you on the phone today. :agree:

Pazzos are always popular items & available for the new baby Ninja.
:easy: Pazzo Racing Levers $179 - FREE Shipping + $10 Engraving | PashnitMoto.com

As mentioned on the phone, SuperSprox does make a 41 tooth sprocket for the rear of the bike and lists a range from 39 tooth all way on up to a 55 tooth sprocket for the bike.

I wasn't sure about the front, but they do have a part number for the front (Part no. 1539 - 14 teeth stock). If you want to pursue that, we can dig deeper on sprocket availability with them.

Like wise, I am sure you will be hearing from eitrher myself or her to order the levers ect..

I think your gonna love the 250, I got my girlfriend one for Xmas and she loves it..Yah it revs pretty high at highway speeds but that motor doesnt care.. Shes right there w us on the highway at 75 mph. Its light weight is noticable at highway speeds but the bike is a blast to ride. I got a Busa and a Pro Street chopper but I usually jump on her bike when I gotta run an errand.. Good luck with it!!

my wife had one, its a nice bike once you get out of 2nd gear. i'm 200 pounds i had it up to 100 mph on the ride home. she left hers stock but it was a 2002 not the cool looking one you got. i'm interested in hearing what it sounds like with the new exhaust i am considering getting my daughter one after she takes the msf course this summer. oh yea congrats on the new bike.

My friend started on a 08 250 and we put flushmounts on the front turn signals, custom fab fender delete, two bros slip on exhaust in carbon fiber, puig double bubble smoked windscreen. They have sliders now. I was gonna jet the exhaust but my motor guy said there was no need to really do it after he looked at it. It was fun and looked and sounded good.

My wife has a 09 250r, she loves that little thing. Only thing so far on it is a V&H Cs1 slipon, and its loud. to me it sounds like a very pissed off bee. :rofl:. But its is small light and just her size. I was tryn to give me my Gixxer600 when she was looking and it was way to much bike for her.

I am going to jump in here, back in 1995 I found one that set up for awhile
got it for 500.00 striped it down and rebuilt it, Ported the heads and installed cams, If I remember right I put the ex, on the Intake and ended up buying one cam, I did bore it out 2 over and ended up with EX 500 Carbs on it....
It was a FUN little bike, Got rid of the bike cheap, and the wife Expensive!!!!
Live and learn, Sure wished I had the bike back...
Mike

Mods are on back order. :banghead:

Until then, trying to put as many miles as I can on it to get to that 1k break in mark. Geeez, but I forgot whatta pain it is to break in a new bike.

839111645_78rN4-L.jpg

I had a Ninja 250 and a Hayabusa at the same time.

I can only see the Ninja as a starter bike, its very under powered. That being said, if you don't care about power, go for it.

My girlfriends Honda Reflex scooter was FASTER though and had more storage!

DSC03191.jpg

I had a Ninja 250 and a Hayabusa at the same time.

I can only see the Ninja as a starter bike, its very under powered. That being said, if you don't care about power, go for it.

My girlfriends Honda Reflex scooter was FASTER though and had more storage!

Jack enjoyed riding the piss outta my 250, even though he couldn't wring it's neck. Enjoyed it as much as his 'busa and he's an accomplished rider - drag racing and all that. I think it's not under powered so much as most people are used to more horsepower in larger bikes. For me, that little 250 will give me as much fun as any of you 'busa riders get going stupid fast down the highway - but my stupid fast will be in the corners. :laugh:

Well she got her fender eliminator kit today the targa this is it I will post pictures of the bike hopefully tomorrow she doesnt want to take pictures tonight

t_32910_01.jpg

Back