LED Kanji Solo seat

Bansh

Registered
Very happy with how this came out!
IMG_0150.jpg

I carved the Kanji logo out of the solo seat.
IMG_0152.jpg

Put some red led's in, wanted to hide the lights from view. Glued the led's to the roof of the solo seat, and then put a mirror on the bottom of the cowl to reflect the lights back through the carving.
IMG_0151.jpg

Just a couple of lights.
IMG_0153.jpg

What did you use to carve it out? Dremel and exacto? Did you put a piece of lexan or plexiglass underneath it?

Awesome, nice effect!!!!!!! I am also curious how you cut the hump so precisely. I had trouble cutting it for the grab bar.

I used a roto-zip, or dremel; same thing depending on where you live? Sheetrock attachment bit. Hump is hollow, 4 screws hold on the bottom plate. Printed the Kanji logo resized from photoshop.
Go slow! The ABS plastic re-melts to it's self because the dremel is soo fast. Glued a mirror to the bottom base plate and then glued led strip to the roof of the hump.
I wired the led's to the parking lights so that I can lock the steering, turn on parking lights and pull the key. :whistle:

Piece of cake!

IMG_0152.jpg

new image

Last edited:
This looks bad ass! I was actually thinking about doing this a while back but hadn't seen it done yet. Great job!

if i ever get around to getting a hump for mine i'll be doing this then more then likely glueing lexan on the inside to seal it. it looks cool thats for shure

Back