Its ugly but the misses will enjoy it.....

KvHotDog4

Registered
So I have been working on a back rest and a luggage rack for a couple of days. Girlfriend and I are going on a pretty long weekend trip the end of this month and I figured it would help her be a little more comfy. I have attached some pics all I ask is please don't make fun of the welds as I have been laid off from the welding shop for about a year now and I was only there for about 4 months. I still have a little tinkering left to do to it, I plan on leveling the luggage rack before someone points that out too lol. It will be powder coated black to match. The best part is so far I have a grand total of zero dollars invested :thumbsup: The pad came from dads VTX backrest where he upgraded to the Mustange pad I took the old one and the steel was free just goes to show whether your laid off, fired or quit always try leave on good terms. :beerchug:

Oh and it is very easy to remove. Just the 4 bolts under the seat and its off. So when we get down to Florida its coming off till its time to come back home. lol

As far as strength I weight 185 lbs I grabbed the rear of the luggage rack and completely lifted myself off the ground with my feet out to the side, then I braced the rear tire with my foot and jerked back on the backrest and I believe it would lift the front tire before it would break off.

IMGP2672.jpg

IMGP2673.jpg

IMGP2674.jpg

IMGP2675.jpg

thats pretty slick man..i read your post before I scrolled down to see the pics and I was expecting to see some hideous creature-like growth coming off the tail lol. But not too shabby man, looks real clean, almost (dare I say) OEM??.:laugh:

Well thank you very much, I don't really like the look of backrest on cruisers either they seem to interrupt the flow of the bike with just a pad sticking up, that may be why I am not really feeling this one but still thank you. It may look a little better once its painted.

OEM ??? Thank you but a big no on that one :laugh:

Yes that looks great. Betcha folks will be asking you where you got it from .
What part of Florida are you coming to ?

Spay paint that puppy black and your done! :beerchug:

How does the wife fit on it? The supports look like they would interfere with the back of a passengers thighs, unless they are really skinny. :whistle:

thats pretty slick man..i read your post before I scrolled down to see the pics and I was expecting to see some hideous creature-like growth coming off the tail lol. But not too shabby man, looks real clean, almost (dare I say) OEM??.:laugh:

+ 1000 did the same thought the same :thumbsup:

That looks like a good set-up for when ur cruisin' on the straights :thumbsup:
.....but i hope for your sake the missus doesn't lean back that far when ur powering really hard outta the corners, coz if she does....ur front wheel is gonna feel very "light" !?! :whistle:

not a bad design...only thing is my wife has to swing her leg over the back to get on (hit by car at 18 bad hips)....but it gives me some ideas

I am sorry buddy :poke: I don't agree, that is the worst looking thing I have ever seen. :rofl:

Hey, as long as it works right? You are from TN, so I guess it fits :laugh:

Hey wait.....I am from TN too :whistle:

:lol:

I have think about it too.The only reason which stoped me was the distance from each other.Its easy to imagine what will happen in case of a sudden braking.It would be nice if you could find a way to bring your back closer to her......risers for instance.:beerchug:

Back