Do not get out of your car on the Tamiami Trail !

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
If you do you may get eaten ! We saw these gators hangin out on the sides of the canal today going down the trail to the LSR event in Homestead/Miami area.
Can you imagine getting a flat tire in the middle of the night here !
No way Bear Gryllis could make it 10 feet into those woods without gettin' Et !
Both Gators reacted to our presence and came closer.
Either to be fed ? Or try to get someone ?

The larger one in pic is at least 8ft long just hanging out and could very easily kill anyone !
If you look toward end of first video as well a pic you can see this nice Gentleman fishing on the bank not more than 150ft from this thing.
Water is murky, very. I would not be anywhere near the bank or out of the car.
Some folks from Alabama stopped, got out , walked over to guard rail and were fixated on that one until I pointed out the other 6 footer 'over there' and said there could be one 5 feet from you in that water right there !
Boy you aint never seen two folks jump quicker...:laugh:

In the video you can see when I zoom in on him his eye is focusing right on me...freaky ancient thing !
The Go Gators one is my favorite !

Big Mutha'
LSRinMiamiApril102010117.jpg

LSRinMiamiApril102010118.jpg

He's creepin'
LSRinMiamiApril102010120.jpg

Adam says 'Goodness Gracious' dats a big Owigater !
LSRinMiamiApril102010123.jpg

The other one Dem Bamans didn't see
LSRinMiamiApril102010125.jpg

I say to him.
'Uh sir...there is like a 50 foot alligator over there!'
He says...
'Unh huh..thank ye...thank ye very much'
Ok ?
His feet are no more than 3-4 feet from waters edge and both the gators above were no more than 150 feet or so from him on opp bank !
Somehow I dont think hes Skeeered !
LSRinMiamiApril102010130.jpg

One of the biggest dangers down here is this. These guys cool off at night and to warm up they crawl out onto the road and lay down.
They dont cross it they just lay there. If you hit one it is as hard as a telephone pole and will cause same effect almost !
This one was every bit of 5-7 feet long.
LSRinMiamiApril102010116.jpg

View down the Trail. Cuts across the state right thru Indian res. Runs along the edges of the Everglades
LSRinMiamiApril102010135.jpg

We drove Loop Rd, the dirt road that stems from Tamiami Trail. There were so many gators it blew my mind. One was just sitting in someone's driveway like it was no big deal. ???

We drove Loop Rd, the dirt road that stems from Tamiami Trail. There were so many gators it blew my mind. One was just sitting in someone's driveway like it was no big deal. ???

VB it is incredible cuz on opposite side on the Trail every 1/2 mile or so is a little Indian Reservation or just somebody's home.
Nothing but two guardrails and the street stopping big wally from taking a stroll.
I have lived here for many yrs and always knew we had them but yesterday we saw a ton.....just driving down the road.
I cant believe there are not daily 'eatins' down there !
Probably many get shot without anyone ever batting an eye ?

Heres another pic of one.
Can you spot the Gator in this pic ?
Little one about 3-4 feet long.
Only head visible in top right quadrant of pic, rest of body under water.
A small one yes but big enough to be stupid enough to attach you or swallow my chihuahua !
LSRinMiamiApril102010129.jpg

Pennies? Come'on saiid, a gator thst big wont put on a show for less than a $20:laugh:

All I had.
I took the frickin FLorida Turnpike down there and its like $1 every 100 feet for tolls!
Either that or Adams Oreos and he wasnt giving those up !

You know whats really scary.
Is as a father, think if your little guy had to pee and as a possibly lazy dad you simply pull over and tell him to get out and stand by the door.
It was at least 20 miles either way to anything so not out of the ordinary.
That big gator is not overthere but right here on our side of bank of canal and hears little guy talking and making noise.

Before you know it , it could have run up and easily snapped up a child or small person. Your changing the station on the radio and turn around to see nothing but ripples in the water !

Back